Another pier question!

Omega1

Sorry about this folks, but which pier does the Caribbean Princess dock at in San Juan? I'm confused!

Well... it is hard to say for sure since it is a year away. But right now, Princess is embarking from the Pan Am piers across the bay, not at the piers in OSJ.

But what happens in 2011, I don't know. You might want to call and ask.

Well... it is hard to say for sure since it is a year away. But right now, Princess is embarking from the Pan Am piers across the bay, not at the piers in OSJ.

But what happens in 2011, I don't know. You might want to call and ask.

You are absolutely right. If it is an embarkation Princess use the Pan Am Pier. If the ship is in transit its OSJ.

When we were in San Juan at the end of April, we saw the Caribbean Princess and the Adventure of the Seas docked at the Pan Am pier. The Carnival Victory was docked at Old San Juan.

I will be cruising with the Caribbean Princess which docks at the Pan Am Pier in San Juan. Is there things to do within walking distance at this pier? Shoppping/Restaurants/Activitys

Thank You :)

No,not really. The convention center is close,but unless something is going on that day, there is nothing.

OSJ is a $10 taxi ride away.

Sorry about this folks, but which pier does the Caribbean Princess dock at in San Juan? I'm confused!

I hope I am not confusing you more, but when we were ready to disembark from the Carnival Victory last July, the Caribbean Princess was docking in Old San Juan. Perhaps the time of year plays a role whether the Caribbean Princess docks in OSJ or at the Pan Am Pier :confused:

Here is a photo of the Caribbean Princess pulling into the pier in Old San Juan.

This photo was taken from the Carnival Victory.

DSCF0217.jpg

I've been searching for just this sort of info. So to make sure I have it straight because it may impact hotel choice....

OSJ piers are just for ships stopping for the day and Pan Am for those originating in San Juan. Presumably because of need for luggage handling and check in. Right? Does this apply to RCI as well?

When I look at San Juan with GoogleEarth Serenade of the Seas is at the Pan Am dock right? Looks like a Carnival ship and something else over by the big sail shaped awning which I figured was OSJ. Just trying to get myself oriented. Thanks.

I've been searching for just this sort of info. So to make sure I have it straight because it may impact hotel choice....

OSJ piers are just for ships stopping for the day and Pan Am for those originating in San Juan. Presumably because of need for luggage handling and check in. Right? Does this apply to RCI as well?

When I look at San Juan with GoogleEarth Serenade of the Seas is at the Pan Am dock right? Looks like a Carnival ship and something else over by the big sail shaped awning which I figured was OSJ. Just trying to get myself oriented. Thanks.

Carnival uses OSJ Piers both for embarking and in transit, RCCL uses Pan Am Pier for embarking and OSJ Piers for in transit. Princess would embark from Pan Am, if there is room, or could get pushed over to Navy Frontier Pier. In general, all in transit ships will be at OSJ Piers.

Archived