Jessica - Almost Home

I have to admit that I wondered how her parents could let her do it - and I thought she'd never make it.

So very glad to be wrong. She is an amazing girl! :) SHE deserves to be called a celebrity - not actors, singers and footballers etc.

It was amazing to see her entrance in to Sydney and I think she deserved every moment of it. Her achievement was outstanding.

I am a lifelong yachtsman and have sailed offshore and I find it hard to believe that she has achieved this, because lets face it, young kids, especially young girls are simply not very strong physically.

But Jess has proved us wrong and she is a superb example to young kids every where.

I was very impressed with her composure and speech at her welcome home, way more mature than the normal 16 yr old.

One sad thing tho is to see the nastiness on some of the yachting chatrooms, it really is bad.

I think the biggest adventure some of these guys have ever had is to walk to their local shops.

But well done Jess, and you should be "Australian of the Year", not just Young Australian.

Mike

I think that anybody watching her entrance through the heads who did not have a lump in their throat as she crossed the finish line would be completely devoid of emotion.

What a magnificent young girl - I stand in awe of her achievement.:)

I think that anybody watching her entrance through the heads who did not have a lump in their throat as she crossed the finish line would be completely devoid of emotion.

What a magnificent young girl - I stand in awe of her achievement.:)

I have been following her blog since just before Christmas and it has been amazing. I contemplated going down to Sydney Harbour to watch her sail in but with a few obstacles in my way, decided not to. Probably just as well considering she was late ( and we were having friends over last night). BUT.............I did watch it on TV and not only did I have a lump in my throat but tears in my eyes. I think what she did was nothing short of AMAZING, FANTASTIC and whatever other word you wish to use .

GO JESSICA!!!, you truly are an inspiration.

Archived