children & excursions

OK, I'm new at this and have been lurking for about a week (since I booked our cruise) and I'm trying to figure out what the age cutoff is for excursions. We're cruising to Progresso & Cozumel and several excursions list a child's price. What constitutes a child? We are travelling with a 14 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.

I'm loving reading all the tips! You guys are a wealth of information!!!

thanks,

joanna

cruising jan 17, 2011

Each excursion may have a different age/ht limit. Click on the excursion you are interested in - it will give you the specific details. It may be time consuming, but that is the only way to do it - except if you go to book it, and not all the names of your kids are listed for you to click on and "reserve" that excursion. That means one or more of the kids did not meet the excursion requirements.

The 14 year old is usually an adult, and the 10 year old is a child. I haven't found an excursion yet that a 14 y.o. can get on as a child. When you book through the cruise line, they will automatically know what rate to charge. I have 2 kids, and I'm pretty sure, most things cut off at age 12.

I found it helpful to go to the boards on specific ports and read about the excursions. Just because you may meet their age limit, as a parent, you may want to form you own opinion

I have a 15 yr old and a 9 yr old. On most excursions my 9 yr old is a child's price but never the 15 yr old (same last yr when 14). On some excursions there is no discount for a child and it is the same price for all 4 of us (i.e. snorkeling at Half Moon Cay).

Archived