Oasis deck and room choice advise please

We are planning a trip next year on Oasis and are finalizing room choices. We have four kids 10-17 We have booked side by side balconies on deck 8 and are also being offered extended balcony with the kids across the hall with balcony overlooking Central Park..........any advice on which you think is better..........thanks so much!!!

Hmmm, i think it's personal choice, but I think it's kind of neat to experience a bit of both worlds. You can hang out on your oceanview balcony and on a central park balcony. Personally, if i had to choose one, I would choose the oceanview balcony.

we have teenagers, and i prefer having the balcony rooms side by side, the partitions on the balcony can be opened- so it would make one big balcony, it just makes it easier to check in on the kids and go back and forth between cabins without going across the hall/ knocking or having to wait for them to answer the door. Just make sure to pull your drapes if you need privacy :) also, i always get extra keys made so we can all access eachothers cabins. i just punch holes on the seapasses and put them on the same lanyard (use sharpie marker to mark which key is which, mom & dad, katie, etc put their own main seapass on top) hope that makes sense.....

we usually do balcony room for us and inside room across the hall for the kids:)

we are ditching the kids for allure (i know,mean parents:p) but if they were going , i would def do the extended balcony and park view balcony....for the best of both worlds :cool:

dave

we usually do balcony room for us and inside room across the hall for the kids:)

we are ditching the kids for allure (i know,mean parents:p) but if they were going , i would def do the extended balcony and park view balcony....for the best of both worlds :cool:

dave

Not mean parents at all, we are in the Oasis in October and aren't taking ours either. I have taken them to all inclusives and on cruises and I prefer to take them to the all inclusives with us and just hubby and I on the cruises. Both have childrens programs but I find them more interested in the programs on the islands...this works out fine with us:D

But to answer the original question that would be a hard questions. I would probably also go with across the hall so you can have the views of both...although it is nice to have them right next door, but atleast if they are across the hall they will be keeping someone else awake as they won't be right next to you.

dave

You must not say this! We are not taking our kids on Allure either!! They want to go so badly, but DH and I need some alone time. I like to think of this cruise as the "end of our baby making, now it's time to watch them grow" cruise. :D They'll go next time. Plus, we're taking them to Disney in October to help ease their disappointment. ;)

Lol..yes, even though you constantly yell at kids for slamming the door...they never seem to get the concept...I am still struggling with my decision...Ideally I like having the ocean and Central park balcony idea but it is nice to walk along the balcony in your bathrobe and check that all kids are tucked away for the night.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived