Island Princess, Hawaii, Past Cruisers ??

ho

We will be on the Island Princess in April of this year. Our original itinerary showed we arrived in Hilo at 8:00 AM the new one shows 11:00 AM. We booked a shore excursion to the Volcano through Princess that shows it last 7 1/2 hours. Since we depart at 5:00 PM, we are trying to figure out if they cut the excursion short or if the second time of 11:00 AM is wrong. :confused: I don't think I would be happy paying close to $100.00 for a 7 1/2 excursion that is cut to 4 hours. I understand it takes about an hour to get to the park and an hour to get back to the ship, that does not leave much time for the tour. Did anyone do this and if so how much time did you have.

Thanks

Ho out

We are on the 4/19 cruise on the Island and booked the Kilauea Volcano Tour #ITOD1. It is from 12:00 to 4:30 and costs $39pp. Check your cruise personalizer on the Princess website and click shore excursions. You will see that the tours are around 4-5 hours. I could not find the tour you are talking about. There are no tours that last 7 1/2 hours..

Last November, the Island arrived in Hilo at the scheduled time of 11:00 AM instead of 8:00 AM. The ship did not leave San Pedro until 11:00 PM due to Immigration checking the crew and late loading of provisions. The Island had no problem making up the lost time. We took the Volcano tour and felt rushed. You will enjoy seeing the red lava after leaving Hilo around 10:00 PM on the starboard side; be sure and take binoculars to enjoy this event.

Ho, we will be on the 04/19 cruise. I looked at the Princess website shore excursion info and it said there are 2 tours to the volcano. One from 12:00 to 4:30 and the other from 12:30 to 5:00. Hope this helps.

Ho, we will be on the 04/19 cruise. I looked at the Princess website shore excursion info and it said there are 2 tours to the volcano. One from 12:00 to 4:30 and the other from 12:30 to 5:00. Hope this helps.

Wags and Greatuncle-There is a roll call for the 4/19 cruise to Hawaii over on the roll call board. I will bump it back up so you can find it but it does move down quickly so just keep looking for it.

Please join us. We are all really excited about this cruise and are hoping to meet up for breakfast on the first sea day.

Check it out!

Wags and Greatuncle-There is a roll call for the 4/19 cruise to Hawaii over on the roll call board. I will bump it back up so you can find it but it does move down quickly so just keep looking for it.

Please join us. We are all really excited about this cruise and are hoping to meet up for breakfast on the first sea day.

Check it out!

Welcome Wags and Greatuncle.. Would be great to have you at our get together..

Woohoo!! I will check out the roll call!

Hi Largin!! We chatted earlier this year. Hard to believe that we are at 77 days and counting!

Jamie :D

Yep.. Getting close.. Will start shopping the week after next.. :D

Largin,

Thanks, we are on the 4/ 4/05 cruise.

I checked on Princess web site and you are correct the Kilauea tour now shows 4 1/2 hours. I am almost positive that in the brochure they sent out showing the excursions with the pre cruise documents showed this tour was seven hours. I will check when I get home but if 4 1/2 hours is enough time I guess we will stick with it. I wonder why they can't get in sooner than 11:00 AM?

Ho out.

When we were on that cruise there were 2 different tours. One was for 4 1/2 hours and only went to the volcano, and the other was 7 1/2 hours long and had a few other stops (macadamia nut factory, orchid farm, etc) along with the volcano and also included a buffet lunch at the volcano. We did the 7 1/2 hr tour, because we had the time. It was great fun, but if you are only interested in the volcano, the shorter one will be just fine.

Archived