How much time to allow athens city to airport

cwuer

Does anyone know approx. how much time I should allow to travel from Athens city center to airport for international flight? I am trying to arrange private taxi transfer for 2 different parties, one has an 11;15am flight the other a 12:30 noon flight. Day of the week is Friday June 11th. I have been told drive time is about 1 hour?? And do I need to be there 2 hours early in Athens or is that overkill? Just wondering what time I should ask the driver to be there for each of these flights? Any help really appreciated!

Yes, you need to be there two hours in advance if this is an international flight.

I would allow 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the airport. The reality is it should take one hour or even less as a good portion of the trip is on a highway that was completed about a year after their new airport was built. However, depending on where you are staying you stil have some drive time in the city and the city can be congested unless it is on the weekend.

Keith

GET IN the cab no later than 8am, and 9am respectively.

The hotel you are staying at can call a taxi for you.

The rate is whatever the meter runs + 5 Euro for the call.

Unless you will be paying very close to 45 euro or under for the private(????) taxi ,you are asking to be taken to the cleaners.

A taxi is a taxi in Athens.

You will have no problem getting a cab to your hotel at the time you want.

None.

Just let them know ahead of time the night before and make sure you remind them an hour before on the morning of your departure (we are all human).

GET IN the cab no later than 8am, and 9am respectively.

The hotel you are staying at can call a taxi for you.

The rate is whatever the meter runs + 5 Euro for the call.

Unless you will be paying very close to 45 euro or under for the private(????) taxi ,you are asking to be taken to the cleaners.

A taxi is a taxi in Athens.

You will have no problem getting a cab to your hotel at the time you want.

None.

Just let them know ahead of time the night before and make sure you remind them an hour before on the morning of your departure (we are all human).

We paid 53 E for the private transfer from *****, as opposed to taking a plain taxi. For that we gained the knowledge that we were travelling with a reputable company recommended on this board, with a non-smoking English speaking driver, and a fixed pick up time. The small amount that it might have been over and above a regular taxi was worth it for the peace of mind.

We paid 53 E for the private transfer from *****, as opposed to taking a plain taxi. For that we gained the knowledge that we were travelling with a reputable company recommended on this board, with a non-smoking English speaking driver, and a fixed pick up time. The small amount that it might have been over and above a regular taxi was worth it for the peace of mind.

I agree. I would get a car like you did not a cab.

Keith

We are doing the same, the peace of mind is worth it. We are also using GreekTaxi for a trip to Cape Sounion on the day we leave Athens to board our ship. Paul will take us from hotel to the Cape and then directly to Pireaus.

Archived