Reindeer Sausage Breakfast in Ketchikan????

West Coast Gal

We have yet to try reindeer sausage, but after reading several threads about how yummy, we want to plan on it. Looking at what we want to do, it seems the only place we could have breakfast is in Ketchikan, can anyone tell us where they had good reindeer sausage there?

We have yet to try reindeer sausage, but after reading several threads about how yummy, we want to plan on it. Looking at what we want to do, it seems the only place we could have breakfast is in Ketchikan, can anyone tell us where they had good reindeer sausage there?

Sure does not answer your question but do you know the difference between a reindeer and a caribou? I was told by an elderly Alaska native that a reindeer is a domesticated caribou. P.S. IMO only sausage is the only way to eat any caribou meat if you can pile on enough spices and seasoning to kill the caribou taste. Even our dog refused to eat caribou meat.

The reindeer sausage a resident of Anchorage shipped to us was no different than your ordinary hot dog from any grocery store.

The "steak" I had in Barrow was awful, and tougher than shoe leather.

Ordinary hot dog! I'm insulted.

The steak you had in Barrow was likely the most expensive hunk of meat you'll have due to shipping charges. Likely frozen for a very long time.

Good reindeer sausage is a tasty thing which I really enjoy. I agree about the caribou being hard to eat. My teeth aren't up to eating it plain. That old boy walked a long way.

Yeah, that steak in Barrow flew a long way to get there. My favorite restaurant in Barrow (in fact one of the few) is Pepe's Mexican Restaurant which was given notoriety many years ago by the Tonight Show. The night my brother and I went was Chinese food night :)

I've had some reindeer sausage hotdogs that have been rather "unspecial". I avoid those and go for the larger links they serve with breakfast. They often come in a package of rings. You get the real stuff from local places like Alaska Sausage (http://www.alaskasausage.com) and Indian Valley Meats (http://www.indianvalleymeats.com)

Ordinary hot dog! I'm insulted.

The steak you had in Barrow was likely the most expensive hunk of meat you'll have due to shipping charges. Likely frozen for a very long time.

Good reindeer sausage is a tasty thing which I really enjoy. I agree about the caribou being hard to eat. My teeth aren't up to eating it plain. That old boy walked a long way.

I don't think it flew too far. It was caribou steak, a round steak at that!

Archived