Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Not sure how this works but will you be taking photos of Fascination leaving 9/6/12? We will be on that ship. Do you recommend a certain place for us to be and at a certain time for photos?

thank you

Your departure pics are posted on your roll call. Hope I captured you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625713

APDMOM You have us added to your calendar for the Sept 24th cruise, but I just wanted to thank you. We still look at the first ones that you took for us, and we always end up with smiles and memories.

We will be aft behind the water works, and this time the rest of the group will be there with us.

Again, thank you so much for the time that you give, and the memories that you help make.

Jim

APDMOM,

We are cruising the Fascination on Dec 8th, and have a roll call going. Could you please schedule to take pictures that day? I'm setting up a M&G for the aft deck so this would be very cool.

This is so awesome of you to do this for so many people!

I'm a local as well, but down towards the boonies in Middleburg. Not too many cruise ships to take photos of down this way...

Thanks!

APDMOM,

We are cruising the Fascination on Dec 8th, and have a roll call going. Could you please schedule to take pictures that day? I'm setting up a M&G for the aft deck so this would be very cool.

This is so awesome of you to do this for so many people!

I'm a local as well, but down towards the boonies in Middleburg. Not too many cruise ships to take photos of down this way...

Thanks!

Yeah, It must be painful to live "inland" :D

I have added you to my calendar - just hope it os not too dark or too cold for all of you, considering the breeze. It may be a bit more sheltered on deck 9 aft where there are tables and chairs just outside the lido buffet.

Here are a couple of pics of the area. Let me know if you decide to do that - you will have to stand against the aft rail for me to spot you.

85da04ee.jpg

4894a1f1.jpg

This picture was taken on December 6th... A bit dark but we can try anyway.

DSC_0024.jpg

APDMOM You have us added to your calendar for the Sept 24th cruise, but I just wanted to thank you. We still look at the first ones that you took for us, and we always end up with smiles and memories.

We will be aft behind the water works, and this time the rest of the group will be there with us.

Again, thank you so much for the time that you give, and the memories that you help make.

Jim

You are welcome! Enjoy counting down the last few days! Almost time for the single digit dance :D

Thanks!

Yes, it can be painful out here, but mostly because of the lack of things to do. Nice place to raise a family, cruddy place to be single!

I'll let you know if we change decks - that will most likely be a late change depending on the weather. Of course, if it is really cold then I'm certainly not going to ask you to be out in it!

Forgot about it being dark by departure then... we can all bring flashlights and hold them under our faces like we're telling ghost stories.

Thanks!

Yes, it can be painful out here, but mostly because of the lack of things to do. Nice place to raise a family, cruddy place to be single!

I'll let you know if we change decks - that will most likely be a late change depending on the weather. Of course, if it is really cold then I'm certainly not going to ask you to be out in it!

Forgot about it being dark by departure then... we can all bring flashlights and hold them under our faces like we're telling ghost stories.

Sounds good. Don't forget to bring your glow-in-the-dark DOD!

Hi! I'm sorry for the delayed response! My notification of new posts must have been buried in a mass of e-mails since school started :rolleyes:

I have added both these dates to my calendar. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we will see you there. RandJArm00, enjoy planning your first cruise ever! There is nothing like your first cruise... except the second, the third, the fourth, etc. :D

We will be on the October 13th cruise also and I just want to thank you for all you do! It will be great to have a photo of "our ship". This is our first cruise ever and I am busting with excitement! These boards have answered so many questions for me. I can't imagine not having them.

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to even ask but would it be possible to be added to your list to get photos done for our Sept. 15th cruise on Fascination? That is 3 weeks from yesterday (YAAAAAYYYYY!)

How can we tell, what do we look for to know when we're at the Mayport area?

This is so great that you are willing to do these. Thank you greatly. :)

LaRose

Hi, LaRose,

I finally got around to posting your pics... just in time for your return to reality! I hope you had a great time! You can view your pics on the roll call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35414146#post35414146

Hope I captured you... Although the ship was so late that day you may have already been getting ready for dinner. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Jim

Hi, Jim! Hope you had another great cruise! I will post your pictures this weekend... it has been a busy week!

We had a lot of fun at the river on Monday. The tide was exceptionally high, and the "wave" that the ship created rolled right around the sandbank we were standing on :)

Jim

Pics are now posted on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687182&page=3

• 2 weeks later...

APDMOM, I hope the weather and time works out for you to take pics of our sailing. :) We will be on the Fascination this coming Saturday (the 13th) and our Meet and Greet are gonna stand back on the starboard side of the Verandah deck and look for you.

APDMOM, I hope the weather and time works out for you to take pics of our sailing. :) We will be on the Fascination this coming Saturday (the 13th) and our Meet and Greet are gonna stand back on the starboard side of the Verandah deck and look for you.

You must be so excited! Just a few days now... I do have it on my calendar. See you there!

We just got back from the river to take pics of today's departure. It looked like it would rain and I almost did not go. Now I am glad we went because the weather held until just 5 minutes after the ship passed us. We also got a special treat, as some dolphins accompanied the ship! I will post a picture later.

Enjoy your last few days of packing and planning. :)

APDMOM we will be on the 10/8/12 cruise. Would you mind putting us on your calendar? We will be on the starboard side of the Lido deck.

Here is a quick preview of your pictures. You got a special treat with the dolphins leading the ship out :) I hope you can see them - the light was a bit bad due to the stormy weather. I will post the rest later this week on the roll call for your sailing.

2370c7a48449c5b3f449380edbb1450a.jpg

c8561e6d394b51c8cdac59f0592f2a4b.jpg

I wonder if those are the same dolphins...

On our back-to-back in August, on the first cruise, we left the pier and went upriver to that natural turning basin near the Hecksher Drive bridge. There was a pod of dolphins playing in that area as we "spun" the ship.

On the second cruise, there was a pod in the shallows near Fort Caroline.

Never got photos of them on either cruise, one of those now you see it, now you don't things.

ADDED: Nice photos, as usual. That sky looks NASTY! Glad it held off until after the ship passed...

Edited by oldrailfan
ADDED

I wonder if those are the same dolphins...

On our back-to-back in August, on the first cruise, we left the pier and went upriver to that natural turning basin near the Hecksher Drive bridge. There was a pod of dolphins playing in that area as we "spun" the ship.

On the second cruise, there was a pod in the shallows near Fort Caroline.

Never got photos of them on either cruise, one of those now you see it, now you don't things.

ADDED: Nice photos, as usual. That sky looks NASTY! Glad it held off until after the ship passed...

Thanks Oldrailfan! The weather did barely held out that day! I was really debating taking the chance to go...

When is your next adventure on Fascination? :D

Edited by APDMOM
Typo

We will be on the October 13th cruise also and I just want to thank you for all you do! It will be great to have a photo of "our ship". This is our first cruise ever and I am busting with excitement! These boards have answered so many questions for me. I can't imagine not having them.

Welcome back to reality :D Your pictures are posted on your roll call. Hope you had a memorable cruise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1595319&page=9

...When is your next adventure on Fascination? :D

Nothing definite yet, looking at "Seven Days in May." ;) That trip that Fascination will be taking to Grand Turk as well as HMC and Nassau...

But you never know - we might get another "wild hair" and pull a pack-and-go before then. (Got those FCC's to use up, ya know :D )

• 1 month later...
Nothing definite yet, looking at "Seven Days in May." ;) That trip that Fascination will be taking to Grand Turk as well as HMC and Nassau...
We're going - made the down payment today...

But you never know - we might get another "wild hair" and pull a pack-and-go before then. (Got those FCC's to use up, ya know :D )

Still a possibility, though we may try another ship...

We're going - made the down payment today...

Still a possibility, though we may try another ship...

Now that Fascination is getting the Blue Iguana we want to go again. We are considering end January or February - If it weren't for the job schedule... :rolleyes:

Now that Fascination is getting the Blue Iguana we want to go again. We are considering end January or February - If it weren't for the job schedule... :rolleyes:

We are going Jan 28th you took some awesome shots of us last year

I would LOVE to buy you a drink!! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk