Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Hi, disneyden and cruise_pirate! Hope you had a great trip! Here is the link to your pictures on the roll call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36949295&posted=1#post36949295

Thank you! :) sitting on plane getting ready to leave the warm weather

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

We just got off the same cruise Cruise Pirate......we had a great cruise!!!! The food, service, crew and staff were 10 times better than what we had on the Dream in. October!!!! The new shows are Motor City and Divas and they were both great!! This is the third time for us on the Fascination and we are probably going to book again for April.

Yes it's an older ship but it is well maintained and it seems to be managed so much better than the. Dream! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the new ships but the service more than makes it up for it!

Edited by relic937

Hi, when you docked at Key West, did you dock at the coast guard base or the downtown pier. Going at the end of the month and trying to decide what to do. Thank you.

You will dock at Pier B. which is right at the old Customs House. We have never docked at the base. It's a perfect location and easy walk to downtown...

Relic937- This is wonderful news! I have to be gluten free and not also eat seafood and the last time I went on the Fascination back in 09 no meat carvings at the lunch buffet, no soup, so they offer these now?

What is there to eat besides pizza (which my other half and father in law said on the Dream it was not good they changed the recipe) and room service past 11pm?

Were the cocktail glass sizes small (the Dream had very small glasses) and did they charge for a double for an extra 3 dollars?

Glad to hear your going back thats a good sign. :)

It looked like there was a bar on Verendah deck a little forward of the waterworks area.

The little stub decks look great...I just wasn't sure how many other people would think the same thing...i.e. be too crowded.

Hi, Joanskid,

Here is a picture of the area that oldrailfan pointed out. It was not crowded on our cruise either, and there is room around the side too. The green arrow indicates that area just outside the lido buffet. The red arrow indicates the area by the waterworks where you can easily spot yourself in the pictures that I take.

4385214456a6bbb8eaabc58a36447bc6_zps6faeee16.jpg

Hope that helps. If you want to see additional pictures of the ship, click on this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1678948

Relic937- This is wonderful news! I have to be gluten free and not also eat seafood and the last time I went on the Fascination back in 09 no meat carvings at the lunch buffet, no soup, so they offer these now?

What is there to eat besides pizza (which my other half and father in law said on the Dream it was not good they changed the recipe) and room service past 11pm?

Were the cocktail glass sizes small (the Dream had very small glasses) and did they charge for a double for an extra 3 dollars?

Glad to hear your going back thats a good sign. :)

At lunch we had the Monogilian grill stir fry which was excellent. Next to the grill they were carving rotisserie chicken and another kind of meat. These are out on the pool deck not inside the buffet. But the things we did have on the buffet at lunch were very good. Some days the dining room is also open for lunch but I don't think it was on port days.

Cocktails glasses were small.......guess that is fleet wide.

Thanks APDMOM!

At this point, our roll call has decided to meet on the Verandah Deck after the safety drill for our 2/16 sailing.

Would love it if you could get some pics of us.

I know I can go back on this thread and find where you take your pictures from, but could you please make it easy for me by telling me?

THANKS!

Relic did the lunch buffet have any hot meat entrees with beef, chicken or pork or was it all fast food type foods?

The lunch buffet had hot entrees with vegetables. If we did not like the entree choices we would just out to the pool deck and get some rotissere chicken and take it back inside the buffet area to sit down and eat. There was also a nice salad bar and they always had a good selection of desserts. We had a friend with us who is diabetic and he raved about the sugar free choices once dessert bar.

Thanks APDMOM!

At this point, our roll call has decided to meet on the Verandah Deck after the safety drill for our 2/16 sailing.

Would love it if you could get some pics of us.

I know I can go back on this thread and find where you take your pictures from, but could you please make it easy for me by telling me?

THANKS!

No problem:) We are in Mayport, just before you get to a place called Safe Harbor Seafood Market. You can look it up on an internet map. "Our" beach is on the starboard side (right side) of the ship. The ship typically gets there between 5:10 p.m. and 5:40 p.m. Lately, it has been right around 5:10. Here is a picture of the beach. There is a pipeline with wooden posts that you should easily spot.

c316c9dbc96cb47ec51e4435fe092805_zpsc175f1d2.jpg

There is a military air field just behind us that you may be able to see from the ship. Hope this helps :)

We are traveling with some folks from Jax Beach, so I'm sure we will be able to find you!

We will either be up on the Verandah deck or on our aft balcony as we pass by you. Either way, I'll be waving!!

THANKS!!

Great! I will make a note to take a close up of the aft balconies, should you decide to be out there. Tell your friends our spot is before you get to the ferry terminal :) Enjoy planning!

If I can figure out how to PM you, I will tell you exactly which cabin we have. I just don't like to post things like that on public boards...

I agree. I have created a special private e-mail just for cruisecritic. You can e-mail me at APDMOM@live.com if you want.

We will be on the cruise Feb 2, if you are that way; I would appreciate any pics that you can get.

You took wonderful pics in 2010 when we sailed out with the Dolphins to scatter my son's ashes at sea and I can't tell you how much we cherish those pics. I hope the dolphins will honor us once more on the 3rd Anniversary of his becoming an Angel.

Thank you again, you are so special to do this for so many. You touch so many lives that you may not even realize.

Me too! Me Too!

I just purchased the cruise on Feb 2, I'll be at my usual place in my usual shirt...

ADDED: Oh yeah, just to touch base, we are sailing on the May 11th cruise also (seven days in May ;) ) and we'll have the forward-most Grand Suite on the Starboard side. (Inside the cutout on Upper deck) Don't know yet if we'll be on the balcony or at a M&G on my favorite little stub deck, but look for my trademark in both locations...

I made it! anamanxs, the dolphins were there again! It is as if they know you are there! We rarely see them, but I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I got pics with you and the dolphins. I will post the pics on the roll call & link it here when I get a chance. Enjoy your cruise! :)

We just got off the same cruise Cruise Pirate......we had a great cruise!!!! The food, service, crew and staff were 10 times better than what we had on the Dream in. October!!!! !

I agree 1000 percent! We got off the Dream in Sept. and booked our 2013 fall cruise on RCCL becasue the service, crew and staff were horrible and left us with a bad taste.

However, the Fascination fixed that:) I guess that is why the Fascination is almost always in the top 5 for customer satisfaction.

It looked like there was a bar on Verendah deck a little forward of the waterworks area.

The little stub decks look great...I just wasn't sure how many other people would think the same thing...i.e. be too crowded.

Yes, there is a bar on Veranda deck hidden away under the whale tail. It's only opened on sea days I believe. Here is a link to the deck plan of the deck.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Fascination

Click on Veranda and scroll down.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Yes, there is a bar on Veranda deck hidden away under the whale tail. It's only opened on sea days I believe. Here is a link to the deck plan of the deck.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Fascination

Click on Veranda and scroll down.

Y'know, I've been on the ship seven times now, and I never noticed this bar until this last one... I guess you DO learn something new every day!