Century 1/22 just got back

pjsugg

Hi:) what a nice thread! Susan, so glad you had a good time!...sorry you got sick though.

Kathy...that is so neat...you went to Shawn's home?!

I wonder if he is on Galaxy then....hmmmm........

Well, I am so happy to be able to sail Century again:D ...no matter what the negative comments had been lately!

Lois, yes, but I think I had my dates wrong it was earlier than that. He has a very small, clean, sparsely furnished home. His 4 kids are fabulous. They don't speak english(and my 3yrs of high school spanish are not the best), but his oldest daughter tried to converse with us in broken english before we left. His wife Mevi was gracious and offered us a nice meal of Indian food. We had a wonderful time and we promised to cook them a BBQ lunch next time we get to visit. Mevi had a dificult time with this last pregnancy and had to come state-side for that after the eye surgery. All went well and all were healthy at our last contact. Shawn called us before he left for India. We just love him and his service. I sure hope to hear soon from him. Nice to know that others have enjoyed his company too. Glad to hear that we can enjoy Century in the future, it is our favorite.

We were on the same cruise and it was wonderful. I can't believe it's over! My dear friend Patti and I finally met in person after writing to one another for seven months. Susan, great to meet you and I'll be sending off those photos as soon as I get them downloaded.

Norma and Loretta, good to meet you and Norm and Eileen, I'll be thinking of you this Sunday. Heather, too bad we didn't hook up.

We could not find one thing wrong with the Century and we tried! After reading about stained carpets, worn upholstery, and railings without varnish, we looked high and low and were unsuccessfull in finding any!

Seriously, the ship is magnificant and the service is out of this world. Our butler was Eduardo who couldn't do enough for us, our Cabin Steward, Rowell was great and our dining room team, Allano and Margaliza treated us like gold. We were also impressed with our Ass't Matre D, Doran who made sure everything was perfect.

I was also really impressed that Alan King came to our CC party along with several other officers. He told me that he does read Cruise Critic and was quite interested in how much time we spend on the boards.

Now I'd better unpack as we just got back. Spent a few extra days in Florida...now back to looking for our next cruise.

Toni

Kathy, no problem:) What goes around comes around.......I delievered some pictures from some CC friends to a few different crew members last year....and someone else did the same thing for me:) .....so my turn to do it for ya'll now....and the crew and staff LOVE IT when past pax remember them!

To all future Century cruisers:

Toni and I envy all of you. Our only regret was not enough individual time together, but the ship, crew, food and passengers were great.

Again, have a great time. It will be hard to find anything wrong on this ship.

Patti

Nita,

Nice to hear from you. Oh, and I did not know that Monday is now your favorite day....as in retired!!! How I envy that.

Yes, by far, Century is the ship. We loved Tahitian Princess and the Islands, but I just won't fly that far again unless they make it a six hour flight from Albuquerque.....

This was the best food and service of all. Yes, some things that need fixing, but that is just life! It was great. I met a great new friend, Toni, from Canada and can't wait to continue our friendship.

Again, thanks for checking in. I will look for your new review.

Patti

Hi Toni, gland to hear you made it back to the "real world" safe and sound!!! I forgot to mention the CC party and how nice it was to have Alan there and some of the ships officers. Even though not many of those who signed up were there due to scheduling conflicts, we were treated royally and had a wonderful time. Lois, I'm so glad you will be back on the Century again, you and she are a team and Erol will be so happy to see you. You need to get into the business like I did. The money isn't great in the beginning but the perks are wonderful! And you would be so good at it. We enjoyed Florida so much this time that we are thinking of retiring down there. A group of about 80 people were aboard from a place called "The Villages" in Ocala. Have any of you Florida folks ever heard of it? We're gonna go down and take a look in the spring I think. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and God Bless.

Susan

Patti, here is the link to my RCI Empress review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131020

I'm glad you had the same opinions about the Century, food and service, that we had! Best ship, IMO! Well, of course, I love the TP. Did you see the TP is only sailing to FP through April '06???? You better come with us 3/10/06 again! :D

Hi Susan:) I have heard of the Villages....Ocala is about 1-1/2 hours from me....if you move here we could meet:D

I think it is supposed to be quite a nice retirement community. I am sure they have a website....maybe you could look on the internet.

Patti,

Apparently you were in a Sky suite and that's what I'm interested in knowing about. We have booked 1209 on the Sports Deck. Were you on that deck? I was wondering if it was a good idea to be that high up, if the stern vibration was an issue, does the verandah have lounge chairs (not just chairs) and any other details you can offer. Thanks for ay input. Carole

Carole

We were in 1209 and it was wonderful. We had three lounge chairs, three regular chairs(all with chair pads) and a table on the balcony. Lots of room still. The bathroom was beautiful marble with a whirlpool bathtub, the bed was comfortable with a feather duvet and overall it couldn't have been nicer.

Toni

NitaBcruising,

We are considering sailing the Millenium next January with my 5 year old son and his 8 year old cousin. Would you tell me a little bit about the children's center? They don't need tons of play mates, just a place to free play, perhaps meet a couple new playmates and from time to time participate in the planned activities.

SOnia

Sonia, I was with my family, the grown kids and grandkids. I didn't check them in or out. But, they liked the kids program and people working there. I went to watch the two 8 years olds in their program one day. It was so fun! The entertained, however they could! Ours just did cartwheels! And they all did a song and movements together.

I don't think you'll find a lot of kids in Jan. but there were enough, 6 to 10 maybe, in each group, to get aquainted and have a good time. The 11 year old did a scavenger hunt or something like that. She could check herself out of the kids program, but was warned to go right to the cabin when she did! Younger than that, they have to have a signed up (for that kid) person check them out.

Maybe a parent can help a bit more, sorry! I just know they liked it real well!

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from Century western caribbean on Feb 5th.

We absolutely loved it!

Although Century is an older ship and is in need of a bit of renovation, the food, service and entertainment was wonderful. Getting on and off the ship was well organized and took no time at all.

Our stateroom was on deck 5 with Antonio and Xavier as our attendants. They were amazing at keeping our room spotless and making sure there was fresh water and ice and chocolaes on our pillows in the evening!

Our waiters were Carlos and Daniel. They were hilarious and gave us the best service!

Food!! Dinner was fantastic! The beef was "melt in your mouth" and the desserts were to die for. Our table mates were great too.

Getting a lounge chair around the pool was a bit of a hastle. All the lounges had towels over the arms, so if we didn't see any personal belongings we went ahead and took the lounge. NO problem!

The band around the pool was "Voltz", they were good but played the same music alot. Nightly shows were varied. Magic show was just not our thing. They had a comedian who great and The Celebrity Singers and Dancers were amazing.

Although we read alot of negative things about the Century before we departed, we were very pleased with our experience and would go again in a heartbeat. We are thinking of another cruise next January - this time with our kids.

satchiesmom:

We also love the century, and also from the Cleveland area.

Had to respond about the Villages. We've been there and just love it.

My Brother and SisinLaw live in Ocala, and we went there for dinner one night. It's like a DisneyWorld for retirees. It's just great. I know you can go to their website and check it out and they can send you a video.

Enjoy!

Archived