Dream 5/15 review-"If we could somehow make this Dream thing last"

ckcb4u2

Saturday - Debarkation:(

Saturday morning, we were up at 6:15 and enjoyed our breakfast in the room. We were in zone 1 for debarkation, so we knew we would be getting of the ship fairly early. After we got dressed and ready, we double checked all closets, drawers, and shelves to make sure that we weren't leaving anything behind. It was a beautiful morning, and I took a few moments out on the balcony to reflect on how much we had enjoyed the past week. It seemed to take forever for the cruise countdown to sail away, and now suddenly it was all over.

It didn't take long at all for customs to release the ship for passenger debarkation, and the self assist process went very quickly. We were in the first zone called for regular debarkation, and were across the gangway and into the luggage area by 7:45 am! Our bags came through the belt quickly, we buzzed through customs, and were out the door and onto a Mears airport transfer bus before 8:00 am. Our flight out of MCO was not scheduled to depart until 1:50 pm, so we had quite a wait coming up at the airport. If I had known we would be off the ship so quickly, I would have booked an earlier flight!:D

At the airport, we were again upgraded to first class because of the original problem we had with our flight being canceled (as I described at the beginning of my review). So, we checked our bags (for free...no baggage fees!) and took the tram over to our gate to begin our wait. We tried to get an earlier flight back to Charlotte, but we would have had to give up first class, so I said "We will just wait then". We found chairs out of the way of foot traffic, and near a wall outlet, so I plugged in my laptop and began looking through some of the pics we had downloaded. We alternated going and getting something to eat during the morning, and before we knew it, we were boarding the plane to return to Charlotte! Our flight was on time, and we arrived in Charlotte around 3:20 pm. I then had to remember which long term parking lot we were in......hmmmmmm......but then I remembered the huge sign on a pole above where we parked our van. It showed "N2", so we caught a shuttle bus over to the "N" lot and found our Odyssey. We loaded up, and off we went...and about 4 hours later, we pulled into our garage...safe and sound.

So that is how our experience went on 8 days of ups and downs (mostly ups) as we enjoyed one of our best cruises to date!:p We went with the intention of having a great time, making new friends, and living it up to the fullest. I think we succeeded on all counts, and to all of our new roll call friends, I say "Thanks for the great memories...you all are the best!!!;)

Craig & Jane Bradley

Roanoke, VA

IMG_0926.jpg.53eb9aa2a235f603a55355100638ea98.jpg

1754749387_meetngreet.jpg.7700ac843168f8b1bf811d0980d959f3.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg.2ea86a8cdde2991227b4851a22d57f33.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg.4a36afc1116ec6ff23b15188eb381d48.jpg

1010209988_Diningrooma.jpg.48b78c81195b5abae7090753c1034a4a.jpg

The First night-concluded...

After relaxing on the balcony for a bit after dinner, I started to get antsy again, so I asked Jane if she wanted to go up to the Welcome Aboard Laser show at the Lido deck pool area. She said that she wanted to rest for the balance of the evening, so I made my way up to deck 10. As it was only around 9:30 pm at this point, I just happened to be walking past the ice cream machine, so I thought "oh, what the heck", and dispensed a nice big bowl of soft serve swirl...hmmm...hmmm!:D

I ran across Teresa, Chantel, and Brandon before the show and we talked for a few minutes. I then saw Scott and Michele at the front of the crowd as the show began, and waved to them. There was a large group of people at the laser show, and it was was pretty cool...set in time to the music, and brightly lighting up the deck. The Carnival dancers came out and became part of the rock and roll segment of the show, and the dancers mingled into the crowd and danced with random individuals including Kevin, Jim's partner from Kentucky. Let me tell you, this guy can dance!:p He has competed in ballroom dancing competitions and I think he really surprised the Carnival dancer with his talent! Way to go Kevin!!!:)

After the show, I was pretty much beat, so I made my way back to the cabin and that wonderful Carnival Comfort Bedding! I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. So went the first day of a memorable cruise...

To be continued...

We will be on the dream july 17 in a spa cabin Panorama 11210 which is on the port side I believe lol We didnt get a suite but the spa cabins look good :) Our son and his fiancee are getting married on the beach in st thomas, so we thought a grand suite would be good for them! Love your sense of humor while telling us all about what happened on your cruise..Im Jane also, and hubby seems to have the same kind of sense of humor as you..looking forward to reading more ! :)

ahhhh!!!!!:( I'm so sad your review is over! I enjoyed every word and picture.

thanks for taking the time to re-live your cruise for us addicts who are anxiously awaiting our turn on her.

We have a spa cabin on deck 11 and are really looking forward to it.

thanks again and I wish you many more happy funfilled cruises in your future!!

Craig, what a fabulous review! :) You are so detailed; I feel like I'm reliving our Dream cruise, at least in my mind. LOL And gee, I feel famous. Or is that infamous?! :eek:

It was truly a pleasure spending time with you and Jane, getting to know you both. I believe part of the reason this particular cruise was so great was because of the people we met and friends we made. I miss all the crazy posting we had on our roll call pre-cruise!!

to all of our new roll call friends, I say "Thanks for the great memories...you all are the best!!!;)

Back at ya! :D

Craig, what a fabulous review! :) You are so detailed; I feel like I'm reliving our Dream cruise, at least in my mind. LOL And gee, I feel famous. Or is that infamous?! :eek:

It was truly a pleasure spending time with you and Jane, getting to know you both. I believe part of the reason this particular cruise was so great was because of the people we met and friends we made. I miss all the crazy posting we had on our roll call pre-cruise!!

Back at ya! :D

Marcia, I really enjoyed writing the review, and I just hope it wasn't "too much". It's hard to believe it has been 3 weeks since we met everyone at the Radisson. I quite often catch myself reflecting on the fun that we had, and of course the great food!:D I even catch myself saying "NUMMY" after eating something tasty.:eek: By the way, where did that saying come from? I had never heard it before...LOL

Say hi to Greg, and have a great weekend!

Casual.jpg.f4aae4e52c38e92b6efae5eda73cf53d.jpg

Marcia, I really enjoyed writing the review, and I just hope it wasn't "too much". It's hard to believe it has been 3 weeks since we met everyone at the Radisson. I quite often catch myself reflecting on the fun that we had, and of course the great food!:D I even catch myself saying "NUMMY" after eating something tasty.:eek: By the way, where did that saying come from? I had never heard it before...LOL

Say hi to Greg, and have a great weekend!

Craig, I felt bad because my review was very short and not-very-detailed! LOL Altho I love reading the detailed reviews, I just didn't have the patience this time to write so much - plus of course by now my memory is getting hazy on some of the details... and no comments about age! :eek: I'll just assume that it was our post-cruise week down south that encroached on the cruise detail memory cells.

And you know - I never realized until just recently that other folks don't say "nummy." Guess it was just my family's version of "yummy" - perhaps one of us kids said it wrong when young? Who knows now?!

Tell Jane hi - and y'all have a great weekend too!

Craig....thanks so much for the care and detail you shared while writing your superb review. I am reliving every moment all over again tonight while reading each entry. The sights, the ship, the ports and the PEOPLE....it was a special time and I treasure the opportunity I had to meet some wonderful new friends.

I sure hope we can do it again soon!

Jim&Kev

I'm thinking about booking the Dream. You mentioned getting wristbands.....did you have to wear them for the entire cruise(may be a silly question)? Also did you find long lines at the buffet? We are traveling with 4 children so are concerned about this. Thanks for any help you can give me.

marie- I cruised the same week as Craig. I cannot help with the wristband thing, but can give info on buffet lines. There can be lines at the buffet. The slowest one is at the Mongolian BBQ, because it's stir-fried individually to order. Otherwise lines seem to move along pretty good. If you try to avoid prime times like noon-12:30 and the last half hour of the buffet times (sea days 2-2:30 and port days 3-3:30) especially port days!, it shouldn't be so bad. Also - there are so many different places to get food from, just look around and see where there isn't a line. Another suggestion is to get room service - I ordered at noon on a sea day and had my food in about 20 minutes.

I'm thinking about booking the Dream. You mentioned getting wristbands.....did you have to wear them for the entire cruise(may be a silly question)? Also did you find long lines at the buffet? We are traveling with 4 children so are concerned about this. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marie, the wristbands are for access to the members-only sections of the Spa. They're the thick rubber-band type of wristband. You only need to wear them when you are using the Spa facilities.

Craig....thanks so much for the care and detail you shared while writing your superb review. I am reliving every moment all over again tonight while reading each entry. The sights, the ship, the ports and the PEOPLE....it was a special time and I treasure the opportunity I had to meet some wonderful new friends.

I sure hope we can do it again soon!

Jim&Kev

Jim...thanks for your comments on my review. I agree it was a special time and I felt it was a real privilege to share it all with such a great roll call group. The connection was there months before the cruise, and continues. Hopefully, our paths will cross again on another cruise...soon!:)

Craig and Jane,

It is people like you I would *love* to meet on a cruise. We met Brent & Sally (waving madly if they read this) on our first cruise and nice people on other cruises but no "love connections" if you get my drift. :) (just a play on words)

Thanks for writing this review... we're sailing this exact itinerary and it was nice to hear about the ports. I have foot problems and walking is an issue; I might hope for a jitney or something in Costa Maya. I hate the thought of staying on the ship when we are in a new port... but might have to.

Can't wait to visit Victor Bodden's as well...

Thanks again!

Your "wish we could be friends" friends,

Debra & Barry. LOL

Thanks for a great review, Craig! I was on the same cruise. True, the weather hampered some of the things we had planned, but that also made it one of the more relaxing cruises I've taken, since we weren't always rushing to an activity.

Loved your account of the Hairy Chest Contest...I don't know which was worse, "Mr. Lime Green Smiley-Pants" or the fellow who wore the crown wherever he went.:D

marie- I cruised the same week as Craig. I cannot help with the wristband thing, but can give info on buffet lines. There can be lines at the buffet. The slowest one is at the Mongolian BBQ, because it's stir-fried individually to order. Otherwise lines seem to move along pretty good. If you try to avoid prime times like noon-12:30 and the last half hour of the buffet times (sea days 2-2:30 and port days 3-3:30) especially port days!, it shouldn't be so bad. Also - there are so many different places to get food from, just look around and see where there isn't a line. Another suggestion is to get room service - I ordered at noon on a sea day and had my food in about 20 minutes.

Thanks. We were on the Victory a couple years ago and I don't remember the lines being a problem, but there has been so much said about lines on the Dream it had me concerned. Thanks for the suggestion about room service but frankly room service for 4 children would make me want to jump overboard.

Loved your account of the Hairy Chest Contest...I don't know which was worse, "Mr. Lime Green Smiley-Pants" or the fellow who wore the crown wherever he went.:D

Yeah, I had to look at that crown every night at dinner as his group was at a table right beside us...LOL. I think they were called the

"Cruizin Clampetts". His wife was pissed at Jane, saying that they were robbed...someone was taking it a little too serious.:p

Thanks. We were on the Victory a couple years ago and I don't remember the lines being a problem, but there has been so much said about lines on the Dream it had me concerned. Thanks for the suggestion about room service but frankly room service for 4 children would make me want to jump overboard.

Step away from the railing...:D

• 2 weeks later...

Craig I SO enjoyed your review. One of the best I have ever read.:)

You and Jane are the wonderful kind of people we love to meet while cruising. The people you meet while cruising can be pretty amazing and some very Dear friendships are made as well. That came shining through in your review!

We will be sailing Dream next April, same itin, after reading your review I am even more excited!

Thank you for taking the time to write and share!

Happy cruising to you!!

Craig I SO enjoyed your review. One of the best I have ever read.:)

You and Jane are the wonderful kind of people we love to meet while cruising. The people you meet while cruising can be pretty amazing and some very Dear friendships are made as well. That came shining through in your review!

We will be sailing Dream next April, same itin, after reading your review I am even more excited!

Thank you for taking the time to write and share!

Happy cruising to you!!

Willbcruisin,

Thanks for reading my review. You are right, we have met some of our best "long term friends" while cruising, and this cruise was no exception! You will love the Dream, and especially Isla Roatan. We always start our cruise with the intention of having a great time regardless of what happens and who we meet. Doing this, we have never been disappointed!:D

Wow, great write up! I felt like I was on the cruise with you. Thanks for paying by the way. We sailed the Dream in Feb. on an Eastern Caribbean and are sailing it again in Sep. on the Western Caribbena route. We booked spa cabins both times. On the Feb. cruise we were on the starboard side pretty far forward. I think it was cabin 12203. In Sep. we booked the port side a little farther aft in 12214. I think it was you that said something about people on a higher deck being able to look down onto your balcony. I remember a little higher up on the port side is where people get on the slides so I wonder I they will be looking down on our balcony? I am thinking of changing cabins before they all get booked. Any recommendations?

Archived