Any Info on PT Cabins on Sensation?

deej696

We are considering a 3 nighter on Sensation with some friends. This is sort of an add on cruise for us, as the 4 of us just returned from the Destiny, and my wife and I are doing another in December. That said, we're obviously trying to keep cost down and are planning on an oceanview as opposed to our usual balcony.

My question involves the PT cabins. It says there are 2 portholes, and the price is major cheap. Do you get a lot of light in the room? Also, given that they are in the front of ship, do you tend to feel the ocean more? We always pick aft rooms so I'm unfamiliar. One of our friends had a rough day on Destiny, so I want to ensure that I'm not making it worse because of this cabin location.

Thanks for the info, and if anyone has pics that would be great.

We had R17, R21 and R23 on Inspiration (sister ship) in March, all of which are PT cabins. Fabulous! Would book them again anytime. R17 was the largest of the three. Very spacious and the portholes let in a great deal of light. Our teenage girls actually used the port hole areas as window seats to climb up and read in. They're a great deal.

In terms of being at the front of the ship, if you can handle the aft you can handle the front. Picture a see-saw. When the front is up the rear is down and vice versa. Center doesn't have nearly as far to go. Simplistic analogy but similar concept.

Enjoy your PT.:)

See this thread for pics of R17 on Fantasy (another sister ship.)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21957223

I think I had R23?? not sure, but Im sure I had E9 last time and have E9 booked next time. Why book Riveria when Empress is now the same price :D What a deal to me. I paid 5A prices the first time. You might feel more motion if you hit bad waves, which we did the first time. Almost rocked me out of the bed, but the last time hardly any motion.

I love these porthole rooms! By far my favorite on the Fantasy class ships. They are two smallish portholes, at the end of a cubbyhole type area. What we like best about them is that you can lock them shut, making the room just as dark as an inside room when you want to. The room gets plenty bright with them open! Plus, the cubby makes the cabin feel larger than it is =)

Thanks for the info everyone. It seems these rooms are quite popular as there are not many left for our sailing. I can understand why, given that they are $175 cheaper for the cabin than the cheapest oceanview!

Archived