Formal nights, Oasis specialty restaurants?

I've been reading threads about the dress-up/no dress-up issue. I take it that one does NOT have to follow the recommended dress code for the night (ie formal) if one is eating in a specialty restaurant. Does this also apply to the fancier specialty restaurants such as 150 Central Park on Oasis? Will anyone be dressed formally in those restaurants? Is this where the anti-dress-up parties flee on those nights?

To clarify, we are 2 families traveling together on Oasis, one who loves dress-up and one who hates it. (I love them anyway!) I was hoping a compromise would be a specialty restaurant where they can dress however they wish and we could dress formally but I don't want either of us to feel out of place. What have you seen?

I've been reading threads about the dress-up/no dress-up issue. I take it that one does NOT have to follow the recommended dress code for the night (ie formal) if one is eating in a specialty restaurant. Does this also apply to the fancier specialty restaurants such as 150 Central Park on Oasis? Will anyone be dressed formally in those restaurants? Is this where the anti-dress-up parties flee on those nights?

To clarify, we are 2 families traveling together on Oasis, one who loves dress-up and one who hates it. (I love them anyway!) I was hoping a compromise would be a specialty restaurant where they can dress however they wish and we could dress formally but I don't want either of us to feel out of place. What have you seen?

The dress code for the evening applies to the specialties as well. And yes pax dining in the specialties do wear formal attire when dining there.

Most anti-dress pax flee to places like the WJ on formal evenings or have room service. but there are those who will wear their overalls and t-shirts into the MDR. I haven't seen that kind of thing in a specialty, most pax respect the dress codes there, but it is only a matter of time.

The dress code for the evening applies to the specialties as well. And yes pax dining in the specialties do wear formal attire when dining there.

Most anti-dress pax flee to places like the WJ on formal evenings or have room service. but there are those who will wear their overalls and t-shirts into the MDR. I haven't seen that kind of thing in a specialty, most pax respect the dress codes there, but it is only a matter of time.

That is not correct. The specialty restaurants are resort casual every night, it will state that in your compass. We did not take formal clothing last month and ate in a specialty restaurant both nights. There was no one wearing a suit in Chops and 2 men had on sport jackets in 150 Central Park the nights we were there. I had on a nice sundress one night and capris with a cami with a bit of sparkle the other. My husband wore slacks and a button down shirt both nights and we were dressed nicer than many but about the same as what everyone else had on.

Househunter is correct...."smart casual" is the requested mode of dress for the specialty restaurants, even on formal nights.

We haven't seen many sportscoats in the specialty restaurants...it seems to be a small step above casual for most of the passengers.

Househunter is correct...."smart casual" is the requested mode of dress for the specialty restaurants, even on formal nights.

We haven't seen many sportscoats in the specialty restaurants...it seems to be a small step above casual for most of the passengers.

Interesting...but I did forget I was on the RCI board and not Holland...:o

And if we go to a specialty on formal night we wear the "dress du jour" of the evening and have seen many others dressed the same.

I don't go to the specialties to get out of dressing...I do because the meals are far better than the MDR.:)

I have seen men in jackets and ties on formal evenings in the specialties..more so on Holland than RCI of course.:)

No you do not have to dress formal for the formal nights in the specialty dining rooms. We had dinner last week in Chops on one of the formal nights while on Oasis. We dress casual. I let those that want the formal atmosphere have the main dining room on those two nights.

Archived