Got my cabin assignment!!

shipgirl56

Booked a BL Gaurentee and just got my cabin assignment. Panorama Deck 258. We sail on Saturday!!!!!! Whoo!! Hoo!!!

That is awesome!!! Have a great time!!!

BTW, what category guarantee did you book?

She booked a BL which is a balcony guarantee.

If you are asking what a BL is ... Carnival can assign any category balcony. Its up to Carnival, so OP did good.

She booked a BL which is a balcony guarantee.

If you are asking what a BL is ... Carnival can assign any category balcony. Its up to Carnival, so OP did good.

EXCUUUSE ME!! I just booked a balcony guarantee but was asked which category balcony I wanted to guarantee. Then you are guaranteed that category or better....

EXCUUUSE ME!! I just booked a balcony guarantee but was asked which category balcony I wanted to guarantee. Then you are guaranteed that category or better....

Calm down please all she did was explain what it was......too many people are getting raised hair on their necks on these boards for no reason anymore. Congratulations to the OP on your balcony...enjoy the cruise.

Wow I've never heard of guaranteeing any specific type of balcony, just a BL which guarantees you'll be in a balcony.

I don't do it cause we ended up under the buffet and my sister was bolted awake every morning around 6am with bumps and thumps and all kinds of noise.

Fire has been at this a while and I think she was really trying to answer your question.

I've only booked balconies and never heard of being able to guarantee a certain type balcony.

So if you know what this is called please share. If not please don't be so defensive. People really are trying to help answer questions to the best of their knowledge.

Cheers, Carole

Booked a BL Gaurentee and just got my cabin assignment. Panorama Deck 258. We sail on Saturday!!!!!! Whoo!! Hoo!!!

for the B-to-B? Nice selection, rooms above, rooms below. Relatively quiet deck. Enjoy the cruise.!

Sorry I really didn't mean to sound defensive!!! :) My hairs aren't raised either! :) I was just trying to figure out how good a deal OP got. We were just asked which category balcony we wanted to pay for for the guarantee and then we would be guaranteed that category OR better. It is a group cruise...does that make a difference? Again, sorry if I sounded defensive or anything...not my intention at all! :D

Sorry I really didn't mean to sound defensive!!! :) My hairs aren't raised either! :) I was just trying to figure out how good a deal OP got. We were just asked which category balcony we wanted to pay for for the guarantee and then we would be guaranteed that category OR better. It is a group cruise...does that make a difference? Again, sorry if I sounded defensive or anything...not my intention at all! :D

A BL is different than say a 8C balcony guarantee where you pick a higher category to guarantee getting at least that.

On the CC balconys guarantees, they always give you at least a 8B or better.

BL is a nonspecific balcony guarantee, it just means you will take any category balcony and is often booked because its cheaper than guaranteeing a specific category.

With a BL you have no choice of which category you want to guarantee ... excuse me for not understanding what exactly your question was. I think the OP got a nice upgrade to me ... but thats me. Sounds like a good deck to be on. Nice and high but not below the pool.

We did good. The BL Guarantee was just for any balcony. We have cabins above and below. So we made out great. The second week on our B2B may or may not be the same. We were unable to guarantee the same room.

We were unable to guarantee the same cabin on our last B2B and were told to check with the Purser's Desk. We ended up having the same cabin both weeks. I hope that is the case this time.

We are above the pool with cabins above and below. The laundry room is one deck below and a couple of cabins over, so that is convenient.

On the B2B on Victory when it was doing the Eastern and Western Carib. alternating, we did get to stay on the ship. You wait until most everyone is off and then they walked us through customs and handed us new cards and then back on the boat. It is nice to hang out on the ship by the pool when no one else is around.

If we don't get the same cabin. We will have to pack, but not put our luggage out. We leave our bags in our cabin and the cabin steward will move the bags to our new cabin for us.

On the B2B on Victory when it was doing the Eastern and Western Carib. alternating, we did get to stay on the ship. You wait until most everyone is off and then they walked us through customs and handed us new cards and then back on the boat. It is nice to hang out on the ship by the pool when no one else is around.

If we don't get the same cabin. We will have to pack, but not put our luggage out. We leave our bags in our cabin and the cabin steward will move the bags to our new cabin for us.

lol most people consider if you had to be walked off thru customs, then you had to get off.

Some B2Bs its been reported they got to stay on the ship, i.e. they did not have to walk thru customs, but now that I see your post saying you were walked off but got to stay on, now Im doubting if anyone got to stay on that said they did.

Iv done 3 B2B, and always had to get off and be walked thru customs. Two were smooth, one wasnt right off and right back on. (triumph was the one not smooth)

It was a customs requirement that we go through customs, not a Carnival requirement. It only took about 5 minutes to get through customs and back on the ship. They wait until the end when there are no lines. Our customs guy just wanted to get off duty and go home and see the football game, LOL. We were his last people to see.

A BL is different than say a 8C balcony guarantee where you pick a higher category to guarantee getting at least that.

On the CC balconys guarantees, they always give you at least a 8B or better.

BL is a nonspecific balcony guarantee, it just means you will take any category balcony and is often booked because its cheaper than guaranteeing a specific category.

With a BL you have no choice of which category you want to guarantee ... excuse me for not understanding what exactly your question was. I think the OP got a nice upgrade to me ... but thats me. Sounds like a good deck to be on. Nice and high but not below the pool.

Wow thanks for the info Fire, I had absolutely no idea that you could book a guarantee for the catagory of cabin you wanted. I thought a BL was the only balcony guarantee they had!! Thanks for the info. Although I probably will still book in a specific room just cause I am picky about being under or over noise.

Cheers, Carole

Wow thanks for the info Fire, I had absolutely no idea that you could book a guarantee for the catagory of cabin you wanted. I thought a BL was the only balcony guarantee they had!! Thanks for the info. Although I probably will still book in a specific room just cause I am picky about being under or over noise.

Cheers, Carole

I think what Fire was saying is, if you book an 8C you are getting (are guaranteed) an 8C. If you book a BL on the Legend for example, you are guaranteed at least an 8A but can end up with anything in the BL category which includes 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, 8M, 8N, 9B and 9C. You can end up with an 8N for a lot less than if you actually booked an 8N.

I think what Fire was saying is, if you book an 8C you are getting (are guaranteed) an 8C. If you book a BL on the Legend for example, you are guaranteed at least an 8A but can end up with anything in the BL category which includes 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, 8M, 8N, 9B and 9C. You can end up with an 8N for a lot less than if you actually booked an 8N.

Some people book a 8C guarantee, because they hope that they have a better chance of a good upgrade than with the BL....or they want to have at least a 8C or better.

I dont think the specific category guarantees are as common these days like they used to be. You cant book guarantees at all with early saver rates, so you dont hear about them much. Last I heard you could still book them if available. All the official CC cruises are booked with a guarantee of a B or higher ..4B, 6B, 8B or higher guarantee, is the way its set up ..at least the CC Crazies, both times you would get at least a B, and I think everyone last year got put together and got a nice upgrade higher than that.

Some people book a 8C guarantee, because they hope that they have a better chance of a good upgrade than with the BL....or they want to have at least a 8C or better.

I dont think the specific category guarantees are as common these days like they used to be. You cant book guarantees at all with early saver rates, so you dont hear about them much. Last I heard you could still book them if available. All the official CC cruises are booked with a guarantee of a B or higher ..4B, 6B, 8B or higher guarantee, is the way its set up ..at least the CC Crazies, both times you would get at least a B, and I think everyone last year got put together and got a nice upgrade higher than that.

I see what you're saying. It does seem like I've seen that offered in the past but with the way they've been modifying their website so often I haven't noticed that being offered, at least lately. How would they show that if they were offering it? Would it be offered as a rate like "Fun Select", "Fun Saver", "Past Guest" Etc.. or would it be offered as an actual category under the category listing? Just curious.

Archived