Freedom sailing

i don't know if you've been on oasis, but i'm sure you and everyone knows about it - SO, were deciding on a cruise, husband and I and 4 kids - would you pick freedom or oasis - yes, the money is a little more on the oasis, but seeing if it's worth the extra money, what are your thoughts - I've only been on the mariner and voyager and loved those, so i love big ships :)

LBumb

We just got off the ship on Sunday too. Do you have kids who will be traveling with you? We just took the eastern itinerary with our kids two years ago also, so we've done St. Thomas and St. Maarten both times with our three teens. We did Magens Bay on St. Thomas last time, pretty beach but not very good snorkeling. This time we did Sapphire Beach and saw lots of fish and turtles. On St. Maarten we booked an independent jet ski/snorkel tour and had a great time. We planned to go to Orient for the afternoon, but it started raining, so we hung out at Great Bay Beach and shopped. Last time we just took a taxi to Little Divi and rented skim boards and snorkel equipment.

No kids. Just 3 x mid fifties couples. One of the guys like to snorkel. Would you recommend Sapphire Beach? Is a full island tour of either island a good idea?

Any other suggestion either on board or on shore would be gratefully received.

Sapphire was beautiful and had great snorkeling. There were turtles in the sea grass and fish along the rocks and our kids found a starfish in the shallower area too. We didn't do a full island tour, just an open air taxi that was $10 per person one way. We had chairs in the shade and our drink/food orders were taken on the beach and brought to us. The drive there wasn't as pretty as the route to Magens Bay though.

We are considering a Western Caribbean cruise on Freedom in October for a milestone birthday and anniversary. Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

I've been on Celebrity three times, Carnival once and RCI on Grandeur of the Seas last year to Bermuda.

Archived