Sailaway parties on HAL?

scareyness

Looking forward to our first HAL cruise in January.

This will be the first cruise with HAL and I was wondering if they do a sailway party when leaving port each day?

We have had a sailway party with all the cruise lines we have been on apart from Princess and so far I have not seen any mention of them on HAL, so I wondered if maybe the American lines did not do them?

I really hope they do, I think a Carribean cruise is made for sailaway parties!:D

Any info greatly received.

We've always had a sailaway party leaving initial port like Tampa or Ft Lauderdale. Other ports on the itinerary have been kind of hit or miss but when I think about it I think that's been driven by the time of day. On those occasions when it's been in the afternoon, Aruba and one St Thomas stop come to mind, we've had sailaway parties. When we've left port in the evening or later we've not had parties which makes sense.

I have had a sail away party leaving EVERY port. On my Grand Voyage they did not miss a port for a sailaway. We sat out and enjoyed the music on the aft deck everytime....sometimes in shorts and sometimes wrapped in blankets!! If there was a real threat of rain they moved the party up to the Crow's Nest....but this only happened a very few times.

When we were on the Westerdam transatlantic in April, each sailaway party had a table featuring foods from the port we were leaving; some wonderful European cheeses, meats, etc. They were very tasty. Don't know about when we left FLL as we left later than planned and we were at dinner.

Archived