Protecting valuables while on a beach excursion..

Greetings..

We are looking at booking thru RCCL a beach excursions, Southern Caribbean ports. It says there will be a guide with us the whole time. Since, we are planning on going in the ocean, I'm curious what to do with wallets and passports. We usually shop after excursions, so we'll have some cash.

You see this stuff where kids are waiting for the tourist to hit the water and off the camera and wallet goes, so that is why I thought it would be safer to book thru the cruise line.

Any experience would be great. We also saw on excursion that went to a resort and used their beach.

Thanks..

Wolf

We make a photo copy of our passports and never actually take them off the ship. We leave them in the safe.

if you should ever get into a situation, they have to take you to the ship for your passports.

Your photo copies, (we do color ones) are your proof that you have them.

the only other thing we bring is our waterproof camera, which goes in the water with us, and a waterproof plastic money holder, which I wear around my neck and holds our cash, credit card, and passport photos. It has always worked for us.

Some of the resorts have lockers, but we have never needed them.

We make a photo copy of our passports and never actually take them off the ship. We leave them in the safe.

if you should ever get into a situation, they have to take you to the ship for your passports.

Your photo copies, (we do color ones) are your proof that you have them.

I am not trying to start the usual debate over bringing passports off the ship or not, but why do you say the HAVE TO take you to the ship? If you are on a private excusions that runs late or you end up in a hospital or somehow else make it so you can't get back to the ship or can't notify them, what then happens? I wouldn't assume that you will be able to get back to the ship to get your originals.

We have an aquapac that my husband wears that holds seapass cards, picture IDs, a credit card, some cash and a cell phone. We usually go shopping after excursions too so we like to have a cell phone with us too just in case. We usually have a backpack that we will leave on the beach with our towels and other stuff we don't mind losing. We always keep anything of value with us even in the water. We have a waterproof digital camera that we also can take with us.

We take copies of passport/credit card/picture ID/cash and put in waterproof case on a lanyard when going off ship no matter where we go. If at a beach and have other valuables, ie camera, not much you can do to protect other than watch closely or have someone one stay with the 'stuff'. Guess you could bury it like treasure. :) ARRRRRRRRRRRR

We have an aquapac that my husband wears that holds seapass cards, picture IDs, a credit card, some cash and a cell phone. We usually go shopping after excursions too so we like to have a cell phone with us too just in case. We usually have a backpack that we will leave on the beach with our towels and other stuff we don't mind losing. We always keep anything of value with us even in the water. We have a waterproof digital camera that we also can take with us.

This is what I do as well. I also scan all of my credit cards (front and back), passports, and drivers licenses into a Word document then email it to myself before I travel. That way, if all is lost and I am stranded, all I need is a computer to access all of my information. You can find waterproof containers in a dive shop or online.

Archived