How to celebrate a wedding anniversary on the cruise

divingmedic

Just so happens that we will have our 16th wedding anniversary while on our cruise. When I was booking they asked about anniversary's. I was going to order a cake. Will they present that to us at a dinner that night? How does this work?:confused:

They'll bring the cake at dinner in the MDR on whatever day you specify...and you'll pay for the cake too.

We didn't do the cake for our last cruise (our 10th anniversary), but we ate at the steakhouse that night.

If your ship has a steakhouse, make reservations. It is so worth the $30 per person charge. We did steakhouse on the Freedom. The food was great!! My steak was just as good as if we were eating in a steakhouse in the city.

One reason we skipped the cake was that I had heard on here that it wasn't all that great. We enjoyed the steakhouse, but I was a little disappointed in the overall experience - but probably because I had such high expectations.

I agree...Its worth the few extra dollars for this experience...

For my wife, I order flowers to be in the room once we get on the ship, then i order something each day for her...something simple like strawberries, certificate for pictures...etc...

When you order it, you request the day and how you want it delivered!

Our upcoming cruise is our 15th, and i am suprising her with a suite, since we booked far ahead it made the price easy enough to justify the difference!

If your ship has a steakhouse, make reservations. It is so worth the $30 per person charge. We did steakhouse on the Freedom. The food was great!! My steak was just as good as if we were eating in a steakhouse in the city.

We renewed our vows last year. The "wedding" cake was fabulous and we had leftovers to take to dinner.

I did order a cake for DS and DDIL for their anniversary. It was good too :)

They delivered it the night I asked for it to be delivered (to dinner). Yummy.

My DH is romantic, though he won't admit it. On our Anniversary cruise he ordered cake, chocolate strawberries and champagne, and a rose. He spoke to the hostess in the MDR early and got it all arranged.

So after the appetizer here came the strawberries and champagne and rose.

For Dessert they brought the cake lit with a candle and sang "Happy Anniversary" to us both.

It was great!! I Loved every minute.

FYI: He "surprises" me on every cruise and orders at least a rose to be delivered to the dining room. He talks to the person in the gift shop to arrange it and the Hostess, since in the past they have not always followed thru. Usually he reminds them on the past cruise they did not deliver when suppose to and wants to make sure they do it right this time. haha, but it works.

I ordered a cake as well for one of our cruises. When I placed the order, I selected the day when I wanted it delivered. I had completely forgotten about it when our waiter showed up with the cake at the end of dinner on the last night of the cruise.

If your ship has a steakhouse, make reservations. It is so worth the $30 per person charge..

100% agree with this statement! We went to Harry's for our anniversary on the Liberty in 2008. It was definitely the highlight of our cruise. Service and food were both excellent.

For a few hours, it felt as if we had stepped off the ship and into an elegant, intimate bistro somwhere on land.

Service was unhurried, very personal, and the food was so good that it made the food at the MDR feel like going to Denny's.

My DH is romantic, though he won't admit it. On our Anniversary cruise he ordered cake, chocolate strawberries and champagne, and a rose. He spoke to the hostess in the MDR early and got it all arranged.

So after the appetizer here came the strawberries and champagne and rose.

For Dessert they brought the cake lit with a candle and sang "Happy Anniversary" to us both.

It was great!! I Loved every minute.

FYI: He "surprises" me on every cruise and orders at least a rose to be delivered to the dining room. He talks to the person in the gift shop to arrange it and the Hostess, since in the past they have not always followed thru. Usually he reminds them on the past cruise they did not deliver when suppose to and wants to make sure they do it right this time. haha, but it works.

Count yourself blessed! We just celebrated our 36th anniversary in May on the Dream. My husband didn't do anything!

Thanks for the great information. My husband isn't a "doer" so I'll just do it myself and surprise him. I think a reservation at the Steakhouse is a great idea.

What a fantastic idea! We are celebrating 30th on the dream. I am so doing this. Then I won't be disappointed and maybe it will make him think:D

Ha....we'll be celebrating our 28th anniversary on the Miracle next February, and I guess having our 25 year old daughter sharing our stateroom isn't gonna cut the romantic anniversary idea! I'm sure the three of us will go to Nick and Noras and have a wonderful evening!

Archived