Private car or limo from Anchorage to Seward?

cruisin in the sun

While awaiting recommendations, find a place that you can cancel with no penalty and book it. Fourth of July is huge in Seward, and even though you are there Thurs. night, I wouldn't be surprised if all accommodations are nearly gone. Hopefully I'm wrong!

I found that Best Western would let us book one night with liberal cancellation policy and Holicay Inn wanted two. We are in BW and friends are in HI. We leave tomorrow and will be back on the 21st--can tell you then how they were.

My recommendation would be to rent a car as that might be cheaper then a Taxi to Seward. Also this way while driving you can stop places and look around.

Just fill up with gas in Anchorage also get any snacks, water etc in Anchorage. You can also stop in Girdwood/Alyeska to check it out have a strech break, get some gas and so on and so forth. Alyeska is the ski resort and Girdwood is the community.

Alyeska has a tram that many visitors enjoy and also Girdwood is very pretty and worth having lunch in. Then head on down to Seward.

Anyway hope this helps as far as Taxi, PJ's taxi in Seward works. But seward is not that close at all to Anchorage.

There is the train and the bus options as well,

Adri :)

Dropping a rental car in Seward may have a huge drop fee. Be wise!

With a party of at least 4 you might be able to arrange a tour mini bus all to yourselves for a bit more than sharing a tour. I would ask.

Try PJs Taxi. They are based in Seward.

I so agree frugaltravel...PJS Taxi, and Renee in particular is a fantastic option! We actually contacted her (do a google search for number) and she provided a transfer from Anchorage to Seward, and arranged it so we saw sights along the way. I love seeing Alaska thru the eyes of someone who is a local and loves her home! With the cost of a one way car rental, the taxi can be quite cost effective!

If you do decide on an alternate way to get to Seward w/o a car she can be a valuable resource in showing you around with a customized tour!

Have a great trip to Alaska!

There are several limo services in Anchorage that can accomodate you. $300-$500. You can just do a quick search for "limo anchorage" in any online search engine. As mentioned previously you should book a hotel in Seward as soon as possible, if there are any rooms left.

We've stayed at the Windsong Lodge & Holiday Inn Express, both were nice. Although it's been many years, the Edgewater was fine when we stayed there and is located near the Sealife Center.

Have you considered the Alaska Railroad? They have excellent options, are economical and easy to use - even with lots of luggage. We just did this and were very pleasantly surprised at the ease, cost effectiveness, comfort and beauty that can only be seen from the train.

good luck!

Archived