I Don't want Shrek

However, we don't know what all they are going to do and how much character in your face experience it's going to be.

I have a feeling unless you look up the 20-30 minutes they will be in xyz location a few times a day and make it a point to be there, you won't even notice them. I never did character autographs on DCL and was happy not to be in the line waiting to meet them. But it didn't bother me either to see kids excited they could meet a character, the girls dresses as princesses were adorable.

We have never cruised before. One of the things that enticed us to RCL for our first cruise was Shrek on the website.

So there marketing scheme worked for us.

Which is the WHOLE point of the Oasis/Allure duo and the Freedom class, get the younger families involved in cruising.

I have a feeling unless you look up the 20-30 minutes they will be in xyz location a few times a day and make it a point to be there, you won't even notice them. I never did character autographs on DCL and was happy not to be in the line waiting to meet them. But it didn't bother me either to see kids excited they could meet a character, the girls dresses as princesses were adorable.

It was cute seeing the little 'uns, especially on formal night.

The Disney bottom line also likes it.:D:):D

Shrek has not even stepped foot aboard the ships yet but some people seem to think that they know exaclty how things are going to work on the ships. I am not even sure that RCI knows just how it is going to work yet.

Well, no way am I going to sail on a ship with a green monster.

Well, no way am I going to sail on a ship with a green monster.

I hear you. I was referring to people who seem to be so sure that the green monster will only be in certain areas of the ship and for limited amounts of time. I don't know how anyone can say that when tthat certainly has not been anounced by RCI as being the case.

If the annoying creature is roaming around the dining room interupting dinner, much like the ridiculous pirate and his camera man, I won't be amused.

I hear you. I was referring to people who seem to be so sure that the green monster will only be in certain areas of the ship and for limited amounts of time. I don't know how anyone can say that when tthat certainly has not been anounced by RCI as being the case.

If the annoying creature is roaming around the dining room interupting dinner, much like the ridiculous pirate and his camera man, I won't be amused.

I think that some of it has to with the below comments from AG that was on the Why Not Blog on the subject. I think that RCI is smart enough to know that not everyone wants to be around the Dream Works product all the time. Of course there are some on here who are not happy if they don't have something to whine about regardless of subject.;)

We enjoy hearing from you. The royal “we” in this context means the marketing and operations teams as well as myself. While our antenna may often predict what the response will be to a particular entry, we are always curious to see what happens and we encourage you to post your reactions to and questions about what I have written. Here are a few of the recent topics that engendered a notable response:

Most of the reaction to our new relationship with Dreamworks Animation (DWA) has been very positive. Shrek and the other characters appeal to people of all ages maybe even more than we had understood. On the other hand, some readers expressed concern that the DWA presence onboard Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas will create too much of kid-centric, theme park style environment. Of course, guests who enjoy parades and characters and 3D movies will enjoy the added value of the DWA cast and should avail themselves of the special opportunity that will exist on the four ships. For guests who are not interested in this additional offering, it will be just as possible as before on these same four ships to have a fantastic Royal Caribbean experience taking advantage of all of the entertainment, programming, culinary and destination experiences that are already so appealing. It is the essence of the variety we offer on these state of the art ships that guests in various locations onboard can all be having a great time in completely unrelated ways.

I think Shrek will be a big hit for the majority of RCI's cruise demographic. I love love love the Shrek movies, but I have no desire to cruise with these characters on a relaxing vacation. The Dreamworks Characters is one of the reasons why I will not return to Oasis, or Freedom or book the Allure.

But the real reason is, I'm saving for a Regent, Silversea, Crystal or Seabourne Cruise. I have always wanted to experience the luxury lines where I'm pretty sure there is no chance of running into someone in a crazy suit! ;)

Archived