Oceania's Marina

tobleroner

Great - I look forward to meeting you both! Do CC'ers usually meet onboard the first night or two on Oceania? This will be our 2nd cruise on Oceania, with the first being next month on Insignia, and we are looking forward to both itineraries. Most of the ports of call are new to us, so any insights will be helpful.

It will be our third Oceania cruise (and we have our fourth booked for August 2011 to Alaska.) I did meet people through the Oceania roll calls for the previous cruises - if you click on the link that Friscorays posted, that is the roll call for our cruise. On our previous Black Seas cruise, the roll call link was very helpful, as we hooked up with another couple and arranged private tours throughout the Ukraine. We have been to the ports in Norway, Copenhagen, as well as Dublin, and Reykjavik, so we can help you with suggestions for this cruise.

Thank you for the video link TKS and the reminder about the blog hondorner.

http://www.oceaniacruisesblog.com/taste/marina/

As of July 8:

"Work has officially begun on Marina's three luxurious Owner's Suites...." I guess that is something.:o

Back to the original thread topic...

I would be very interested in seeing progress reports (video, photos, narratives - similar to the several videos provided earlier by hondormer, et al.) during the "home stretch" of the construction effort. These reports would build the excitement for those of us who are booked on the Marina's 2011 season.

Many people have booked the Marina. The maiden voyage Transatlantic on Jan 22, 2011 has been sold out for months. The sailings in the Caribbean and Panama Canal, before heading back to Europe are also quite full. If you check Oceania's website you can find which sailings have availability. I did a quick check on the website and there is some space for Aug 10th, not in every category, but many appear to be open.

Hi Warren and Karen, We sailed with you on the Regatta in 08 (with Jacques Pepin) and just booked this August 10, 2011 cruise. We were delighted to learn Jacques will be aboard. :)

Hi Warren and Karen, We sailed with you on the Regatta in 08 (with Jacques Pepin) and just booked this August 10, 2011 cruise. We were delighted to learn Jacques will be aboard. :)

Hi There! Nice hearing from you again. We kept that board going long after the cruise thanks to you.

We're on the Maiden Marina on 1/22/11 and the 11/24/11 Transatlantic.

Archived