Oceania's Marina

tobleroner

Many people have booked the Marina. The maiden voyage Transatlantic on Jan 22, 2011 has been sold out for months. The sailings in the Caribbean and Panama Canal, before heading back to Europe are also quite full. If you check Oceania's website you can find which sailings have availability. I did a quick check on the website and there is some space for Aug 10th, not in every category, but many appear to be open.

We're booked on Marina's trans-Atlantic, 11-24-11, and even that far out the ship is filling rapidly. We have a confirmed B2 cabin, but are waitlisted for our 1st choice C category and our 2nd choice B4 category.

Has anyone booked to sail on the Oceania Marina yet ? .......we are hoping to cruise on her on 10th. August 2011... any up-to-date news on this ship ?

Yes...there are several of us already booked on the August 10, 2011 sailing...

Visit the Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1157579

The roll call isn't all too active yet since the cruise is still over a year away...But, as soon as we get this summer's cruise out of the way, we'll be paying a lot more attention to planning for that one...

The ship should be beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing what Oceania can do with a completely original mid-sized ship...and the itinerary is GREAT...a nice combination of small ports at the start and major ports (Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Rome) at the end with a visit to Casablanca snuck in...and, as a bonus, Jaques Pepin cruising with us...

We're on the Miami-Barcelona crossing on 3/28/11 and can't wait. Am really looking forward to both the ship and the itinerary. Many of us booked these voyages on the first day they were available back on January 13th, I believe.

Yes...there are several of us already booked on the August 10, 2011 sailing...

Visit the Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1157579

The roll call isn't all too active yet since the cruise is still over a year away...But, as soon as we get this summer's cruise out of the way, we'll be paying a lot more attention to planning for that one...

The ship should be beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing what Oceania can do with a completely original mid-sized ship...and the itinerary is GREAT...a nice combination of small ports at the start and major ports (Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Rome) at the end with a visit to Casablanca snuck in...and, as a bonus, Jaques Pepin cruising with us...

Steve,

Is this the cruise you won in the contest?

Either way, enjoy!

Paul

Steve,

Is this the cruise you won in the contest?

Either way, enjoy!

Paul

Yes...

They're not offering exactly the cruise I proposed, so this one is as close as we could get...But, I am definitely NOT disappointed...I really like this itinerary and my "entry" would have likely been more like this except, since Oceania has already done similar cruises, it would not have qualified as "original"...

We're ending up getting an "Oceania Suite"...which is, basically, a little larger than the Owner's Suites on the other ships...Definitely be the nicest cabin we've ever cruised in...

Steve: How did you win this cruise, the greatest contest prize in the world! (Well almost).

Marion

Absolutely great prize...

It was a contest right here on the Oceania board at Cruise Critic several months ago...

...through the generosity of Frank Del Rio...

Three of us won Oceania cruises...

The contest was to design an itinerary Oceania did not currently do...a much harder chalolenge that it might seem...Oceania already goes to more interesting ports than most cruise lines...Anyway, Oceania picked five finalists and then there as an internet vote right here...with the three top vote getters winning cruises...

I told them they could have offered up T-Shirts and ball caps as the prizes and we all still would have had fun playing...The prize cruises, of course, were more than generous...

Thank you again, Frank!!!

Yes...

They're not offering exactly the cruise I proposed, so this one is as close as we could get...But, I am definitely NOT disappointed...I really like this itinerary and my "entry" would have likely been more like this except, since Oceania has already done similar cruises, it would not have qualified as "original"...

We're ending up getting an "Oceania Suite"...which is, basically, a little larger than the Owner's Suites on the other ships...Definitely be the nicest cabin we've ever cruised in...

Congrats - well deserved. Enjoy the suite :)

Bon voyage!

We are booked on the Nov. 24, 2011 TA crossing with some good friends of ours. We booked this back in January 2010 and are very anxious for the cruise date to get here! We are booked in a Penthouse Suite!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Below is the most recent video I found on youtube from about a month ago. Progress looks like it's being made. Be patient, the Marina is not the first ship you see.

Jim and Stan or Don, do you have anything else? You seem to be the most "in the know" about the Marina at this time.

Cheers, Kay:)

...Jim and Stan or Don, do you have anything else? You seem to be the most "in the know" about the Marina at this time.

Nope -- everything I have seen or heard has been published right here. There is a blog, but I forget to check it

I just booked the Marina July 1st - anyone else coming along? The itinerary looks great and we have been wanting to go to Iceland....

My husband and I will be joining you. We spent a couple of weeks in Iceland last month- beautiful countryside. I am especially looking forward to the Norwegian fjords.

My husband and I will be joining you. We spent a couple of weeks in Iceland last month- beautiful countryside. I am especially looking forward to the Norwegian fjords.

Great - I look forward to meeting you both! Do CC'ers usually meet onboard the first night or two on Oceania? This will be our 2nd cruise on Oceania, with the first being next month on Insignia, and we are looking forward to both itineraries. Most of the ports of call are new to us, so any insights will be helpful.

Archived