Dream DETAILED Western Review, 5/29/10: Auditory, Olfactory, and Common Senses

Lady_Jag

Love, love, love the girls' pictures. You 3 are adorable :D And matching-cheesy mother-daughter outfits are cool for as long as you can get Alyssa to go along with it - LOL :D Julie wouldn't do it past 3rd grade. (Except we both wore black dresses on this cruise)

So glad you are finishing your review. It is excellent!

xxxoo Charlotte

Thanks, Charlotte! I know I should enjoy the cheesy matching outfit phase for as long as I can! :D

wow! I was so happy to discover your review tonight. How I missed it earlier I don't know :D

I've really enjoyed it and plan to check back when I can see all of the pictures.

You have a beautiful family.

Welp it's after 1 a.m and I have to be up at 5....looking forward to the rest of your review.

Happy Sails!

Thank you! Sorry it's taken so long to finish, but I'm sure you know how crazy life can get after a great cruise. ;)

My daughter has a speech impairment that has required weekly speech therapy since the age of 2. On our last 2 cruises, both my hubby and I noticed a marked improvement in her speech by the end of the week, thanks for the most part to Camp Carnival.

My son is in speech therapy 2 days a week for an hour a piece. I'm happy to hear you say this. He's a bit delayed with speech and overall learning (spent his first 2 years in a Russian orphanage).

What was your mother's Wheelchair cabin's number please. I can't find the Accessible cabins on the deck plan and I need one. Thanks, Kathi

Hi!

All the spa oceanview rooms (cat 6S) are handicap accessible. They are cabins 11201 through 11204. Also, 11207, a spa IS (cat.4S) is handicap accessible. I think deckplans dot com give listings of modified cabins by deck, and if you call Carnival, they'll tell you which ones are available and will notate "wheelchair" on your account to make boarding and debarkation easier.

Laura

My son is in speech therapy 2 days a week for an hour a piece. I'm happy to hear you say this. He's a bit delayed with speech and overall learning (spent his first 2 years in a Russian orphanage).

Wow! I'm glad he's getting therapy and am sure that he will catch up to his peers in no time. Keep an eye on his progress, and trust your instincts if you think he needs something more than just therapy.

I say this because we just found out after two years of thinking she had childhood apraxia that my daughter's enlarged tonsils and adenoids might be the real cause of her speech issues. :eek: The ENT thinks they are getting in the way of her tongue and preventing her palate from lowering the way it should, so she'll be having them surgically removed next month. It's crazy!

Lady Jag...welcome back...so glad you and your family had a great time and thanks for sharing your cruise with the rest of us.:)

crew

Thanks, Crew! And thanks for bearing with me over the unexpectedly long time it took to finish my recap. :D

Laura

Hi!

All the spa oceanview rooms (cat 6S) are handicap accessible. They are cabins 11201 through 11204. Also, 11207, a spa IS (cat.4S) is handicap accessible. I think deckplans dot com give listings of modified cabins by deck, and if you call Carnival, they'll tell you which ones are available and will notate "wheelchair" on your account to make boarding and debarkation easier.

Laura

Thanks Laura for the info. Now that I completed reading it all, I want to say" thanks", again for a marvelous, informative review. Kathi

• 7 months later...
You did such a great job with this..Did you keep a very extensive journal? Either you did or you are super talented(maybe both ;) ).

Thank you! You are too kind. :o

Actually, I jotted down notes in a journal at the end of each day, and the 800+ pictures I took during our cruise helped jog my memory.

Thanks for sharing your family vacation with us! I'm even more excited about going now! We will be on the Dream in 6 short weeks!!

Thanks so much for your long review of your cruise. i have spend hours this evening reading your posts and i am so excited about taking this cruise to the easter carribean in may with my brother and my 3 year old daughter.. :)

It was my pleasure. :) Thank you both for reading and I hope you have as much fun on the Dream as we did.

Great review! We sailed on the Dream earlier last year and loved her. This brought back a ton of memories.

Thank you! The Dream is our favorite ship to date. My daughter keeps asking me when we'll sail on her again, so now I'm worried that we've been spoiled. LOL!

You three look like you could be a composite picture of one of you growing up! Or triplits at 3 ages! Great picture.

Thank you! That's funny about the composite, but I think you're right.

When we sailed the Glory 2 years ago, a lady in the elevator offered to hold the doors for my mom. My mom told her "thanks, but I'm waiting for my daughter and granddaughter."

About that time, I showed up. The lady looked at me and exclaimed "OMG! She looks just like you!" Then Alyssa popped up (she was following behind me) and the lady gasped, "Oh! And SHE looks just like you too!" :D

• 11 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread up from the dead (I am new here hope i am not breaking the rules:confused:) I was on this cruise and I enjoyed your review. I remember all the fun on this cruise and the helicopter rescue on the last day.

Sorry for bumping this thread up from the dead (I am new here hope i am not breaking the rules:confused:) I was on this cruise and I enjoyed your review. I remember all the fun on this cruise and the helicopter rescue on the last day.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. The Dream is still our favorite ship because of all the fun we had. :D

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. The Dream is still our favorite ship because of all the fun we had. :D

I had lots of fun also. I ran into people that go to my school and some friends that did not say they were going on a cruise.. (That awkward moment when you are docked in mexico and you literally run into them :eek:) This was my first cruise on carnival and I would totally not mind going again. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I have a room booked on the dream (close to 11211 spa IS) I was wondering if you had more pictures of that room and more comments about it in particular from your friends or you.

It is for our honey moon and I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks

Hey there, I have a room booked on the dream (close to 11211 spa IS) I was wondering if you had more pictures of that room and more comments about it in particular from your friends or you.

It is for our honey moon and I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks

Hello and congratulations!

I am sorry, but I don't have any additional pictures of 11211. However, I would say it looks like any other interior room on any other Carnival ship (that is NOT Fantasy class with the faux window) except for the muted "Spa" colors and decor.

Mainly, I mean that this cabin was 185 sq. ft with no window. The heads of the beds were against the far wall opposite the door. In your case, the two twin beds will be pushed together to create a California king bed, with a nightstand on either side of the bed. Each nightstand consists of a lamp on top of small cabinet.

When you walk into the room, the bathroom door is to your immediate left, and the 3 closet doors are to your immediate right. The space between the closet doors and bathroom doors is only a few inches wider than the width of the main door.

The bathroom has a sink and counter along the length of the right wall as you enter. The toilet and shower are opposite the sink. There are small glass shelves mounted above the sink on either side of the mirror. There is a step up into the bathroom of about 4-6 inches.

The three closets are somewhere around 18-24 inches wide each and have different configurations. One closet contains just a bar for hanging clothes. Another is a column of shelves for folded clothes. This is where the small safe is. The third closet has either a combination of hanging rod at the top and shelves at the bottom, or is just a hanging rod. I can't remember.

I believe there are two "counter" like areas opposite the beds: One is the depth of the closet (12-18 inches?) and is mounted (I think0 to the wall that makes up the final closet. Above this counter space is mounted a flat screen TV that faces the bed. The other is a desk-like area that takes up the length of the bathroom wall. Mounted to the wall above the desk is a mirror with vanity lights bordering either side, left and right. Underneath the desk is the mini bar and some drawers. The phone is located near the left edge on the desk and there is a hair dryer in one of the top drawers.

There is a small rectangular stool that slides under the desk. There is also an armless chair (with a back) in the room. I think the seat of the chair slides under the shelf located below the TV.

Whew! I feel like there should be mention of a money monkey with all my lengthy descriptive ramblings (sorry, inside joke :rolleyes:), but I hope it helps.

You might also want to search YouTube for a tour of a Carnival interior spa room on either the Dream, the Splendor, or the Magic for better visuals.

One last thing - this area of the ship is very quiet and gets very little hallway traffic. The location is wonderful for easy Lido and spa access too!

Enjoy your cruise and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Archived