Dream DETAILED Western Review, 5/29/10: Auditory, Olfactory, and Common Senses

Lady_Jag

• 1 month later...

Awesome.....I have a few question about the Dream's Layout, since we sailed on the Magic.

New places on the Magic included Cucina Del Capitano (italian restaurant, deck 11 aft), Red Frog Pub (Deck 5 Mid, next to Ocean Plaza) And was wondering whats in place of these places on the Dream.

And I'm not sure if you know, is there anything the Dream has the Magic doesen't?

Awesome.....I have a few question about the Dream's Layout, since we sailed on the Magic.

New places on the Magic included Cucina Del Capitano (italian restaurant, deck 11 aft), Red Frog Pub (Deck 5 Mid, next to Ocean Plaza) And was wondering whats in place of these places on the Dream.

And I'm not sure if you know, is there anything the Dream has the Magic doesen't?

The Dream has the pasta bar where the Magic has the Cucina Del Capitano. It serves the same things at lunch that the Magic does, it just isn't open for dinner. The art gallery is where the Red Frog Pub is on Magic.

The Dream has the steakhouse up on the Spa desk while the Magic has it by the lounge on the Promenade Deck. It feels that that lounge on the Magic is smaller than the Dream. That is a shame since that is where they hold the Comedy Club.

Sharon

Nice review.

Thank you. :)

I think Sharon answered your questions below. (Thanks, Sharon!)

As for if the Dream has anything the Magic doesn't, I don't think so. The Dream came first, and since the Magic is the same class ship, I would venture that the Magic has everything the Dream does plus what you mentioned above. Although I'm not sure if the Magic has laser light shows too?

Also, I read that the Dream will be going into dry dock (September this year, I think?) and receive the FunShip 2.0 upgrades then. Upgrades include new bars, Guy's burger joint, Hasbro game show, EA Sports bar, etc.

The Dream has the pasta bar where the Magic has the Cucina Del Capitano. It serves the same things at lunch that the Magic does, it just isn't open for dinner. The art gallery is where the Red Frog Pub is on Magic.

The Dream has the steakhouse up on the Spa desk while the Magic has it by the lounge on the Promenade Deck. It feels that that lounge on the Magic is smaller than the Dream. That is a shame since that is where they hold the Comedy Club.

Sharon

Thank you. :)

I think Sharon answered your questions below. (Thanks, Sharon!)

As for if the Dream has anything the Magic doesn't, I don't think so. The Dream came first, and since the Magic is the same class ship, I would venture that the Magic has everything the Dream does plus what you mentioned above. Although I'm not sure if the Magic has laser light shows too?

Also, I read that the Dream will be going into dry dock (September this year, I think?) and receive the FunShip 2.0 upgrades then. Upgrades include new bars, Guy's burger joint, Hasbro game show, EA Sports bar, etc.

Whoops! Didn't see it had already been answered.

Not sure if there was lasers, but we DID have a huge RedFrog Pub Deck party one night- very fun.

I'm actually jealous the Dream is getting upgrades. The Magic will get them in 2015 (LONG WAIT) but I'm worried the ship will repositon after the upgrades.

Do you know if the Dream will be getting the SkyCourse that the Magic has? I don't think it will be much to install it. Does the Dream have the mini golf on 2 levels or 1?

The Dream's mini-golf is on only 1 deck, the Spa deck (#12).

I haven't heard anything about a rope course being installed, and since it's not part of the 2.0 upgrades, I highly doubt it. :(

I understand your concerns about the Dream repositioning after dry dock, but keep in mind that upgrades aren't always followed by a new home port. There is a lot involved in repositioning a ship.

Hello just curious. You didn't mention anything but I am wondering if you found the dream to be extremly rocky? Would love to sail her but I am so afraid of all the reviews I have read about her poor stabilizers. Thanks

Hello just curious. You didn't mention anything but I am wondering if you found the dream to be extremly rocky? Would love to sail her but I am so afraid of all the reviews I have read about her poor stabilizers. Thanks

I found our last cruise on the Fascination much more rocky than the Dream. My mom said that our cabin on the Dream "shook" a lot, and that was definitely true when we arrived at the various ports.

However, the rest of the ship seemed to be smooth sailing for me. I didn't feel the least bit nauseated (which I did on the smaller ships like the Fascination and Celebration.)

After seeing the pix of your cabin, I will have to rethink my inside cabin on deck 10. with 3 people, I would LOVE all of this space! and use of the spa would be nice . . . I see that 11204 is available on our sailing. Was there anything you didn't like about the room?

Please don't book a handicapped cabin unless you are in need of the special adaptations these cabins have. These cabins are intended for those in Wheelchairs or disabled, not so able bodied people can have more room. There are only around 20 HC cabins on the entire ship please leave them for those less fortunate.

Thank you. :-)

The Dream's mini-golf is on only 1 deck, the Spa deck (#12).

I haven't heard anything about a rope course being installed, and since it's not part of the 2.0 upgrades, I highly doubt it. :(

I understand your concerns about the Dream repositioning after dry dock, but keep in mind that upgrades aren't always followed by a new home port. There is a lot involved in repositioning a ship.

Lol no, I'm worried about the magic repositioning.

I think the Dream should get the skycourse, basically just install it above sports square

• 9 months later...
I'm reading Dream reviews, as that's my next cruise. I love detailed picture reviews and am enjoying yours. I've only gotten a couple of pages in, so I'm subscribing so I can read the rest tomorrow.

Thanks for taking the time!

Thank you for your kind words! Of 10 Carnival cruises, this one on the Dream is one of my absolute favorites. :D

Archived