What if? Reservation question

Angileyze1

Ok, so in approx 20 days, I want to book a cruise for May of 2011. Almost a year away. My husband is military. There isn't much chance that he will be deployed, but, he HAS applied for a job overseas that we won't find out about for a few more months. What happens if he gets the job and can't go on the cruise? Are there ANY instances that a name change is ok? How far out? Does the insurance cover it?

Any rate EXCEPT early saver allows name changes for $50 pp (of course then you are not price protected after final payment).

Maybe look into military rate, so if he is deployed you can cancel up until final payment with no penalty.

Any rate EXCEPT early saver allows name changes for $50 pp (of course then you are not price protected after final payment).

Maybe look into military rate, so if he is deployed you can cancel up until final payment with no penalty.

.....isn't it only after final payment that they charge the $50 for a name change? I've changed the name before final payment and don't remember being charged for that.

:confused:

wasiii

.....isn't it only after final payment that they charge the $50 for a name change? I've changed the name before final payment and don't remember being charged for that.

:confused:

wasiii

yes, only after final payment ... I was just saying you can always change names with any rate other than ES. With ES you can never change names.

I should have been more explicit lol

The cruise is still almost a year away. I would just wait a few months to see if he will be deployed.

If you want to book now, I wouldn't book early saver so that you can change names if you need to.

Ok, so in approx 20 days, I want to book a cruise for May of 2011. Almost a year away. My husband is military. There isn't much chance that he will be deployed, but, he HAS applied for a job overseas that we won't find out about for a few more months. What happens if he gets the job and can't go on the cruise? Are there ANY instances that a name change is ok? How far out? Does the insurance cover it?

there ARE Policies that cover cancellation if your Military Leave is cancelled (IMG Patriot and several TravelInsured available via USAA), but I don't think there are Policies that cover your situation (other than pricey Cancel for Any Reason" options, and they often don't cover 100%). As others have suggested, wait 'til your plans solidify and don't book Early Saver.

ken

Archived