Is Triumph delaying departures from New Orleans due to oil spill?

cruzzza

Before the Erato terminal was constructed, only a lucky few were able to park at the port as the lot was small (on the site of what is now the Erato). Fulton Garage held a large portion of the parking. I don't know how much more parking will be needed, but I do wonder if they will use the Fulton Garage for Voyager's parking. The Julia terminals do not have any parking to my knowledge. I haven't cruised anything other than Carnival so I don't know where the Spirit passengers park or what terminal they use. I guess I'm just trying to say that I believe N.O. can handle more/bigger/newer ships. I am excited to hear of all this news. I was telling my DH on the last cruise that it was sad to see the Julia terminal in such disrepair. I remember hearing that when they built the Conquest that they did it with New Orleans in mind. I personally loved that ship. It does sound like "Magic" is very much a New Orleans style name. But, I have to agree that Conquest gets top dollar in Galveston and wouldn't be shocked if they put it there.

So have you guys started making room for the Carnival Magic yet? :D

Just back from the Triumph. Found out that the Magic is definitely going to Galveston. No word yet on the changes in NO.

Also, all arrival and departures went as scheduled. As always, had a great cruise.

Just back from the Triumph. Found out that the Magic is definitely going to Galveston. No word yet on the changes in NO.

Also, all arrival and departures went as scheduled. As always, had a great cruise.

Thats what the FCC agent on Triumph told us too ... but until its announced by Carnival ...its not set in stone. Wish they would tell us already. ..and not just from employees, for real so we can see the schedule and pricing.

Thats what the FCC agent on Triumph told us too ... but until its announced by Carnival ...its not set in stone. Wish they would tell us already. ..and not just from employees, for real so we can see the schedule and pricing.

Agree!

I'm not sure which ship I'm hoping for in NO. I love the Conquest class but have been on her several times now.

For me personally the Dream class is not appealing. I really like having the promenade used for the 'inside' part of my cruise and can't really see how well it will work with people constantly moving from inside to outside on this deck.

Also, I prefer my Empress deck balcony to any other cabins and don't know how I would like looking out over a deck rather than my beautiful sea view.

But of course I could be pleasantly surprised should I ever cruise this class ship.

Just thought I'd update for anyone who might be interested in the original question. We did watch the Triumph sail away in New Orleans. It sailed at 5pm, one hour late. They were still loading things until around 4:30pm. We did have some thunderstorms come through around the scheduled departure time and they may have been waiting on those to quit so the passengers could actually enjoy the sailaway. Thankfully, the sun did come out and we were able to watch them from the Riverwalk.

p.s. My little girl cried because she wanted to go on the "big boat" to the ocean! She loves cruising as much as I do, I think!

Just thought I'd update for anyone who might be interested in the original question. We did watch the Triumph sail away in New Orleans. It sailed at 5pm, one hour late. They were still loading things until around 4:30pm. We did have some thunderstorms come through around the scheduled departure time and they may have been waiting on those to quit so the passengers could actually enjoy the sailaway. Thankfully, the sun did come out and we were able to watch them from the Riverwalk.

p.s. My little girl cried because she wanted to go on the "big boat" to the ocean! She loves cruising as much as I do, I think!

Thats cute about your little girl. Iv sailed 1 hour late last Dec on Triumph, no excuses needed ...sometimes its just late.

Archived