US voyage personaliser on the blink again ??

PvTraveler

Anyone in the US tried the voyage personaliser today ? Out of 4 voyages I could only access one and after calling Cunard and being told there is nothing wrong I cannot access any ?!? These are voyages in Oct/Nov 2010. Any tricks to make the site work ? Thanks

Yes, definitely. Same problem as several months ago when site was first set up. Message says Explorer is blocking the file, but still won't download when requested. Have never been able to open directly anyway, but usually can save and then open. No luck today, and, as you say, Cunard says there is no problem.:confused:

I just went into Voyage Personaliser to check on my voyage in November 2010 and everything appears to be working fine for me. I was able to access and view my Travel Summary without any problem. I also checked the "Personal Details", "Address", "Passport", and "Emergency Contact" sections just to verify everything I had entered previously was still there and that worked fine as well.

I ahve 2 computers at home. The one running Windows XP cannot access my travel docs but the one running Windows 7 has no problem. My conclusion is that it is very sensitive to your system configuration.

I am running Windows XP............I am having no problem accessing my Voyage Personaliser.

I should add the windows XP has IE6 and the Windows 7 compute has IE8. My computer at work is XP with Mozilla and that doesn't work. Seems like you have to have just the right combination of system configuration (whatever that magic one is) to get it to work.

On my computer with Windows XP and IE6, I can assess my Voyage Personaliser and fill in my details but I can’t access my Travel Summary and e-tickets on it. However I’ve found I can access these on my computer by using the Netscape browser. Apparently IE6 is out of date and that’s why we’re having problems.

,Thanks for all the comments, but for someone who is computer illiterate it looks like I am sunk, (no pun intended). I will keep trying and install all the updates that pop up on the computer.

Just to help with the terminology in case it isn't clear, IE6 means "Internet Explorer version 6". If you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer as your web browser, you should be able to click on "Help", and then "About Internet Explorer" to verify which version you are running.

I long-ago updated to IE7 and then IE8, so I cannot personally verify if there are issues with IE6 and the Voyage Personaliser. But it does appear from the other responses that there are indeed issues with using IE6.

Supporting IE6 has been the bane of web site designers for some time now and it would not surprise me if Cunard's latest site design incorporated features that are incompatible with IE6, frustrating as that is for users of IE6.

Archived