Laundry and irons

westlab

I seem to remember from previous cruises, that passengers are not allowed to bring irons, but can bring steamers?

Is there coin operated laundry on Volendam? I am pretty certain I read elsewhere on CC that there is coin operated laundry, but I cannot find that info now.

The Volendam has coin operated Launderettes on the Main, Lower Promenade, and Veranda decks.

If you go to the HAL site and look at the deck plans, they will show you whereabouts they are located.

The Launderettes have irons that you can use for free. You are not allowed to plug in any heat producing items in your staterooms for obvious safety reasons. These include irons, steamers, curling irons, coffee pots, etc.

I use the irons regularly and rarely have had to wait for one. The ones I've used have been of good quality and in good condition.

I hope this information helps. Enjoy your cruise. :)

You are not allowed to plug in any heat producing items in your staterooms for obvious safety reasons. These include irons, steamers, curling irons, coffee pots, etc.

Since when are you not allowed to bring curling irons:confused:. I'd like to see them make that one stick. It's like saying you can't use a blow dryer....and they provide those.

Be very careful with the shared irons. Look at the plate of the iron first before touching your clothes.

I've picked up several that had some sort of glop stuck to the plate caused when people ironed dirty clothes!

Be very careful with the shared irons. Look at the plate of the iron first before touching your clothes.

I've picked up several that had some sort of glop stuck to the plate caused when people ironed dirty clothes!

I always pack an old cotton handkerchief to use as a press cloth for that reason. It slows the ironing process, but it protects the clothes.

From what I understand, the Vista class ships don't have self-serve laundry and since none of the staterooms allow irons, I'm wondering how we iron our clothes. Most of what we bring doesn't need ironing but my husband's dress shirts and a few other things certainly will. Does anyone know what the options are for pressing clothes on Vista Class ships?

From what I understand, the Vista class ships don't have self-serve laundry and since none of the staterooms allow irons, I'm wondering how we iron our clothes. Most of what we bring doesn't need ironing but my husband's dress shirts and a few other things certainly will. Does anyone know what the options are for pressing clothes on Vista Class ships?

You can send out individual items for pressing or purchase an unlimited pressing package. The package I believe was $29 for a 7-day on the Oosterdam. This price may vary by trip length, ship etc.

I would recommend you buying the "Unlimited Laundry" package. The price varies with the length of your cruise, but should be around $30.00 - $40.00 per cabin for a 7-day cruise. You can send as much as you want & all will be returned to you pressed & on hangers - your "unmentionables" will be folded and sealed in tissue and returned to you in a wicker basket.

I believe there is a self-service laundry with irons available on the Volendam, but the larger "Vista" class ships do not have self-service laundries. You can choose to send your clothes out just to be pressed, or you can bring some Downy "Wrinkle Release" or use the irons in the self-service laundry on board.

And - since when can't you bring curling irons? :confused: We've been cruising for nearly 15 years and I've brought mine on every cruise ship I've ever been on with absolutely no problems.

Smooth Sailing to all! :)

Archived