cabin

pcnsgirl

Hello experienced sailers. I was wondering what is the best part of the ship to book a cabin? Are there a lot of differences in the balcony rooms? Thanks for your help!

Personally as stockholders of carnival we usually just ask for the captains cabin.

You can write a book about this.

If you do not like the motion of a ship book bottom center.

Otherwise spend what you can afford. Personally we cruise for the ship and not the cabin and will usually cruise in a cheaper cabin however ask 20 people and you might get 21 answers.

I AGREE!! 20 peeps / 21 answers!!!

I love the aft... Wraps are wonderful so you can see from two sides of the ship... Mid ship is the BEST since it's so centrally located to the whole ship and easy to get everywhere... Forward is the ONLY place so you can feel the wind and more of the motion... Aft is the place to feel the rocks and rolls... the higher up, the closer to the Lido and FUN! The lower, center so the ship won't give you so much motion... The aft, starboard, it just is BEST...

I just love to cruise!!!

Hello experienced sailers. I was wondering what is the best part of the ship to book a cabin? Are there a lot of differences in the balcony rooms? Thanks for your help!

The answer seems to lie in how you think you will use your room. If you have small childern for example, that might nap during the day, a balcony is ideal. Or, if you are not a big crowds/party on the Lido deck person, and think you want some down time, again balcony is the way to go. Romance = balcony (join the club;)). I myself would not cruise with out one - I am very light sensitive and get out of whack if the sun isn't waking me. I like the private peice of ocean where I can just veg.

That said, if you think you will be only using the room to sleep, and not having a window won't be an issue, an inside would be the way to go.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

We always purchase a Balcony Stateroom, located middle and middle of the ship. My wife is prone to sea sickness so we're better off being in the middle & middle. We usually choose a cabin on the 6th or 7th deck. Plus she always wears the patch too.

Enjoy your cruise...we will too!:cool:

Archived