i just don't understand.......

Sandpiper10

I appreciate everyone that writes a review, it does take some time and effort. There are some people who don't enjoy cruising (crazy people) and they are entitled to their opinions (even though they are wrong :D). Everyone has their own vacation style. I think that reviews from these folks stand out, and I generally ignore them, unless they are giving blatantly incorrect information - at which point it's in everyone's best interests to post the correct information so as to not lead others astray.

But, like someone else said, some people are more analytical than others. I generally fall into that category, being an analyst by trade. So I can understand that some reviewers are just pointing out different observations in order to prepare others for the experience of cruising. It's not necessarily intended as full-on negativity, but it sounds that way. Those reviews are the ones that I read, and then decide if the things that they are pointing out are going to affect my vacation experience. What matters to them may not matter a bit to me, or it may. I like having the information, good or bad, to make an informed decision about my vacation.

Then there are those folks that try to write a ncie review, but the tone comes out negative. Not everyone on Cruise Critic was an English major trained in the finer points of writing. Sometimes the basic observations just come out wrong; what sounds positive in the spoken word does not always translate properly to the written word. We've all sent out an email (or ten) that was written with a teasing, joking, or sarcastic tone that was not interpreted that way on the other end.

And then there are people who really are just unhappy...

I actually enjoy some complaints sometimes. My favorite one is when I read that this person was mad because she ordered cereal with sliced banana in the MDR for breakfast and was given a bowl of cereal, a banana and a knife. She actually had to cut her own banana!!!!!! :p:D:p

Jeanne

(old idea of mine) Do you think sponsers would pay, and people would watch, a web cam with sound aimed at the pursers desk of a cruise ship?:D

Oh Oh.....how about a reality/docudrama...kinda like that show they did about Southwest Airlines and all the BS they had to deal with.

We shall call it..."Pursers Desk, Carnival Style" :D

When I was reading reviews about RCCL Empress of the Seas to Bermuda I got so nervous because so many people said it was such a small ship. I was expecting something tiny! Even though it was the smallest in their fleet, it was huge. I don't need the shopping mall on the ship! or an ice rink or boxing ring. to me that's a waste. I suggest we read only the positive stuff and ignore the negative! AND HAVE FUN!!!!

When I was reading reviews about RCCL Empress of the Seas to Bermuda I got so nervous because so many people said it was such a small ship. I was expecting something tiny! Even though it was the smallest in their fleet, it was huge. I don't need the shopping mall on the ship! or an ice rink or boxing ring. to me that's a waste.!

I did a 7-day western Caribbean on the Empress of Seas, which was then called the Nordic Empress. This was in maybe 2002. The ship, which is no longer in service was 48.000 tons (about the same size as Celebrity's Zenith and Horizon) compared to 70,000 tons for the Fantasy class and 90,000 tons for the Conquest class.

Our Empress cabin was only 118 square feet, which wasn't a problem except when I would get up in the middle of the night and bang my head on the wall-mounted tv above the foot of the bed. :)

I like them all, though..... big ones, little ones and in-between ones. :)

\

My smallest was the 4,000 ton SeaDream1 which had only 52 passengers on our October, 2001, cruise. It normally carried 104, but this was just after 9/11 when people were hesitating to travel. We were originally supposed to go to Casablanca, Morocco, but that was canceled due to the political situation.

This thread is TRULY hilarious. OP you are so funny.

I read the review that this thread is based on. The reviewer mentioned just once that the Destiny was dated and the safe was old as well as the television. Everything from there on out was very positive and she said she had a great time.

The OP then comes in the thread and berates the reviewer telling her that she's sorry that the reviewer let the little things ruin her cruise, her family loved it and had not one complaint (so obviously that means no one could ever in their life have any type of negative experience on the Destiny) she accused her of looking for things to pick apart and suggested that next time she should just stay home.

Seriously?

So people are not even allowed to mention little things that arent outstanding, glowing, and absolutely positively wonderful? Please, just stop the madness. Yes there are people who complain about everything. Annoying but, that's their right so who cares? But there are also others who give fair, unbiased reviews. Everything is not going to be perfectly perfect on every Carnival cruise all the time!!

The whole cruise line cheerleader thing is just becoming too much.

Amazing that it's cheaper, and they pump it for you!

Same thing in Oregon, where the gas is cheaper than Washington, Idaho and California, which are all states that require you to pump it yourself or pay extra for someone to pump it for you.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

P.S. Not meaning to steal this thread, so, once again, I appreciate all reviews.

Archived