Update on Tipping... Important !!!!!!!!!!

Those of you who read my previous post with interest - ( over 2500 views!!!!! ) , may also be interested to learn that on my recent voyage with Ventura I received excellent service for which I tipped very handsomely - much more than the recommended amounts...:D:D:D

I am now therefore wrestling with a dilemna - I have to change my name to reflect the excellent staff and my excellent tipping...

The choices are as follows :

a) Sir Tipalot -Knott-Not

b) Sir Tipalot

I look forward with great interest for any and all suggestions and hope that all the people who were so vicious in their comments realise that they probably helped to get me the excellent service I encountered & thus made my generosity well deserved...

Three cheers for all the staff on P&O Ventura, without a doubt the best ship in the fleet...

:D:D:D

Those of you who read my previous post with interest - ( over 2500 views!!!!! ) , may also be interested to learn that on my recent voyage with Ventura I received excellent service for which I tipped very handsomely - much more than the recommended amounts...:D:D:D

Apart from any monetary award, I am sure the staff were delighted to receive the recognition of such an important passenger who so obviously holds himself in such high regard. :rolleyes::D

Regards

Cb

I am now therefore wrestling with a dilemna - I have to change my name to reflect the excellent staff and my excellent tipping...

b) Sir Tipalot

I look forward with great interest for any and all suggestions and hope that all the people who were so vicious in their comments realise that they probably helped to get me the excellent service I encountered & thus made my generosity well deserved...

Three cheers for all the staff on P&O Ventura, without a doubt the best ship in the fleet...

Sir Tipalot-Knott,

I think........

a, could result in people getting tied up in knots (or maybe not) about the knotts and nots.

b, could result in no going back, therefore having to tip a lot, Sir Tipalot, for everyday stuff such as parking meters and MacDonalds, pubs, Asda and road repair workers as your generosity spreads worldwide through public forums.

Therefore, may I suggest, Sir Tipalot-knott, that you create a second screen name and post depending on how generous or not you feel on the day?

Good to hear you enjoyed your cruise and didn't forget to tip, Sir Tipalot-Knott/Sir Tipalot-Knott-not/Sir Tipalot. *delete as appropriate*

u2cruiser - very impressed with your witty answers...thank you for taking the time for sharing your wisdom and interesting suggestions...:)

It's such a shame that it took so long to get such a considered reply to my silly attempts at humour...

I naturally assumed that people who cruise don't always scan posts and jump to instant conclusions...with equally instant and somewhat flawed opinions making them appear snobbish and vulgar...:p

I will take on board your insights and make a considered decision...:D

thanks again and please keep your replies coming...;)

Sir Tipalot-Knott

As I enjoy our PUBLIC HOLIDAY today here in Australia, celebrating the birthday of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, I would sincerely like to thank you (as an obvious member of the British Aristocracy) and the rest of the Aristocracy for maintaining the fine and long-standing tradition of British Royalty. I am also a strong supporter - as I do love my Public Holidays.

I should also add some thanks on behalf of my long departed Irish GGGG-Grandfather. As this is a cruising Forum, you may like to know that he enjoyed a very fine cruise from the UK to Australia at absolutely no expense to himself - paid for fully by your King at that time. It must have been a wonderful gesture - because then common people like myself did not get to go on cruises much.

Thank you once again

Barry

Cb

Sir, I have to admit here that I did tell the whole truth. We indeed do get a Public Holiday to celebrate Her Majesty's birthday - but it is not on the actual date of the birthday. You see, it cannot be! Because sometimes her birthday falls on a mid-week day - so we wait until a little time later and have it on a Monday-- which allows us all to have a wonderful long weekend. Brilliant!! I hear you say??

But it is not perfect organization - because it is mid-winter here right now, so what is the use of a long weekend now?? We can't go to the beach - because here where I live the temperature at noon was only 21C, far too cold to swim in the surf.

Barry

My dear Barry,

I humbly accept your GGGG-Grandfather's gratitude & furthermore would like to enquire if he ever met my distinguished ancestor - Lord Tipalot-O'Tinnies and his much-loved Lady Amber-Nectar ?

In reply to Andyboy, yes Lady Save-A-Penny loved her cruise...and indeed actually spent rather a substantial amount on her favourite tipples, and some might say imbibes delight through every pore...

b) Sir Tipalot

Sire, I humbly enquire if your generosity of pocket was linked with the degree of your expedient and velocitous transport between ports of call. If this is indeed the case, may I humbly suggest.....

c) "Sir Tipalot - Knott - but not at a rate of Knots"

PS...

Is not the correct spelling of your family name "Tippalott-Knot" - or are you not related to the Surrey "Tippalott-Knot"s?

Our old housemaster, "Tighte-Wadd" says hello, by the way. Jolly nice chap....

Archived