Dinner Suggestions in New Orleans LA?

WOWGirl

The Red Fish Grill is by far my favorite! I live in Louisiana, and the waitstaff there is AWESOME!

I agree!!! We were there for a conference the first of May & our server was FANTASTIC!!! I also like Acme.

Wow...you got a lot of answers for some of the well known places but so many will not be in that price range and some (i.e. Gallatoire's) are going to require a jacket/tie. I'm not an Acme fan. Kinda like eating at a chain restaurant IMHO. Besh and Brennans restaurants will be a little pricey also.

Several of the places named are sandwich/gumbo type of places so just check the websites and look at the menus to see if it's what you're looking for. There are so many choices in NOLA and you really can't go wrong!

See if this one appeals to you. http://www.oceanagrill.com/ Food is always good and reasonable and we've taken kids/grandkids there many times. Just a half block off Bourbon on Conti in the FQ.

Have a great time!! :)

I would suggest Mulate's 1st choice for your price range & Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro 2nd. We go to NOLA quite often & these are the 2 restaurants that we go to most often. Mulate's is just across the street from the Riverwalk Mall & the Convention Center. Copeland's is just a short ride on the St. Charles Streetcar past Lee Circle. You won't be dissapointed with either.

We lived in NO for 2 years and loved the Palace Cafe I am not sure if it is still there..fabulous desserts! and for Oysters Cooter Browns..As far as seafood we always went to the little hole in the wall off the beaten track! so many good ones I cannot remember the names...Lucys has the best burgers and Monas for middle eastern..

We liked Mulate's so much that we ate there twice during our stay years ago. We haven't been there in a while. They were right across from the riverwalk. Prices were reasonable, good service, good food, plus music and dancing! I highly recommend the crab stuffed mushroom appetizer.

Sol y Mar

Mulate's is wonderful. Try their Corn & Shrimp Bisque, you won't be sorry!

We lived in NO for 2 years and loved the Palace Cafe I am not sure if it is still there..fabulous desserts! and for Oysters Cooter Browns..As far as seafood we always went to the little hole in the wall off the beaten track! so many good ones I cannot remember the names...Lucys has the best burgers and Monas for middle eastern..

Palace Cafe is still there. One of the Brennan family restaurants, so you can't go wrong.

http://www.palacecafe.com/

Cooter Brown's is in the Riverbend area, and easily reachable by street car. In the same general area as Camellia Grill.

http://www.cooterbrowns.com/

There are too many great neighborhood restaurants (aka little hole in the wall places) to start guessing which one. Any more hints?

I think the best burgers are at Port of Call

http://portofcallnola.com/

I also like Bud's Broiler -was just there the other day (there are several locations), and the price is right!

http://www.budsbroiler.com/

None in the Warehouse District, unfortunately.

P1160526.JPG

#4, hickory sauce, onions YUM!

P1160531.JPG

P1160532.JPG

We liked Mulate's so much that we ate there twice during our stay years ago. We haven't been there in a while. They were right across from the riverwalk. Prices were reasonable, good service, good food, plus music and dancing! I highly recommend the crab stuffed mushroom appetizer.

Sol y Mar

We went in 2005 and loved it. Went back in Nov 2009 with friends and it was absolutely HORRIBLE and the service was just as bad. After 45 minutes we asked about the salads and the sever told us they bring it with the meal - we told him to forget it. It took almost exactly an hour to get our food, it was cold and the resturant wasn't busy. This was after asking 4 times when it was coming out. We had 8 in our group and the waiter tried to slip in the whole 18% tip but that didn't fly. We took the bills to the disinterested manager who removed them.

Very disappointing. We will never go back.

Archived