How do teens find their family onboard?

lilacbirman

Only 3k texts a month? LOL! My daughter averages 9k a month. :eek: I have already told both of the girs the phones stay home! Love the idea of the post it notes! I'll have to use that one. Thanks

My nephew had 14,000 texts last month. Good thing I wasn't his mom because I would have taken a hammer to his phone.

We always just told our daughter our plans which mostly was laying out by the pool so she was always able to find us (not that she really looked for us).

Our 2 teens always tell us their plans for the next day at night when we ALWAYS require they have dinner with us. If plans change, they leave a message on our stateroom phone or a post it note in their stateroom. We also use the post-it-notes and they carry their phones for emergency use. I really hate the 2-way radios. We carried them once and on day 2 they were put in the closet. Areas of a large ship have no reception or poor reception. There are too many people using them and you get their chatter more than your own. They are just smething else for the teens to keep up with (or lose). We don't bug them about having breakfast with us, but we usually see them at breakfast. They are very responsible and have a cabin. We've had the cabin steward thank us for having given ORDERS that the cabin stay neat. They have a tip jar in their room since they love ordering late night pizza and cookies. We tell the cabin steward in advance that they are to let us know if there is a messy cabin. We tell them ahead of time that if we can't locate them where they say they are, they get to sit with Grandmother for Bingo and will lose the privileges of roaming around on their own.

Our 2 teens always tell us their plans for the next day at night when we ALWAYS require they have dinner with us. If plans change, they leave a message on our stateroom phone or a post it note in their stateroom. We also use the post-it-notes and they carry their phones for emergency use. I really hate the 2-way radios. We carried them once and on day 2 they were put in the closet. Areas of a large ship have no reception or poor reception. There are too many people using them and you get their chatter more than your own. They are just smething else for the teens to keep up with (or lose). We don't bug them about having breakfast with us, but we usually see them at breakfast. They are very responsible and have a cabin. We've had the cabin steward thank us for having given ORDERS that the cabin stay neat. They have a tip jar in their room since they love ordering late night pizza and cookies. We tell the cabin steward in advance that they are to let us know if there is a messy cabin. We tell them ahead of time that if we can't locate them where they say they are, they get to sit with Grandmother for Bingo and will lose the privileges of roaming around on their own.

LOL! Love it! :D

LOL! Love it! :D

I've learned impose the consquences such as this once and they are wonderful the rest of the cruise (and usually all after that :eek::D). Make sure you give consequences and follow through and your kids will be fine.

Archived