World Cup

ovccruiser

came off the QM2 on monday after an eastbound T/A.

the footy was shown in the golden lion pub, and in the case of the england match, on a big screen in the Illuminations theatre.

think some of the matches were on the tv in your room but not sure on that one.

Thanks peeps, despite the wonderful standard currently being shown by the soccer world, it may improve:D you never know:D:D Peppern, I preume you are referring to the oval ball game next year, England of course, are the only team to have won both forms:D:D

Sound:D good to me, we could make up a cunard fanfare:)

Yes - as long as it consists of only a single note, it will be fine :eek:

It will certainly eliminate the need for complex pieces of equipment like the whistle.

J

Peppern, I preume you are referring to the oval ball game next year, England of course, are the only team to have won both forms:D:D

Hi,

I was refering to the oval ball game! Thank you. And another thank you for pointing out that England have won both types of ball game, round and oval, something to be very proud of. I wish both English teams, this year and next, every possible success.

Very best wishes.

Hi,

I was refering to the oval ball game! Thank you. And another thank you for pointing out that England have won both types of ball game, round and oval, something to be very proud of. I wish both English teams, this year and next, every possible success.

Very best wishes.

Support Scotland! It takes all the stress out of events like The World Cup (Rugby and Football). :D

J

Support Scotland! It takes all the stress out of events like The World Cup (Rugby and Football). :D

J

Thank you, good advice. However, on current form, there is no stress involved in supporting England in either game...

Don't say that Cruachan, I hate the noise they make. In fact I gave up watching Englands first match because of it.

Catherine

I gave up watching because of the standard of football :D

Support Wales instead, you don't have to worry about football and, if the rugby is going bad, you can always remenisce about the good old days of Gareth Edwards, JPR & JJ, etc. ;)

Support Wales instead, you don't have to worry about football and, if the rugby is going bad, you can always remenisce about the good old days of Gareth Edwards, JPR & JJ, etc. ;)

Ahh! Now you're talking. The only thing that makes me sad about that is that I'm old enough to remember it.

J

I gave up watching because of the standard of football :D

A quote that has become permanently lodged in my mind and I have no idea why is:-

"My dad works down in arms and legs"

Why does stuff like this get irremovably lodged in one's conciousness when I can't remember what I went upstairs for. I'm not Welsh, I don't like sport but the moment anyone mentions rugby I immediately think

"My dad works down in arms and legs" Is that weird or what.

I just had to Google it to see where it came from and for those like me who are non rugby fans it stems from a song by a welsh comedian/singer called Max Boyce and refers to a mythical factory where they make the best rugby players in the world. I must have heard it when I was six or something and it implanted itself in my cerebal cortex forever.

Sneaky sods those Welsh!

A Brain-washed Gari

it stems from a song by a welsh comedian/singer called Max Boyce and refers to a mythical factory where they make the best rugby players in the world. I must have heard it when I was six...

ROFLMAO!

Six - hee hee hee :D

Max Boyce wasn't born till 1945 !!! :eek:

J

Your point BEING?

A Youthful Gari

Well, simply that Max is soooooo much older than you that, by the time you had reached the advanced age of six, his song would have been long forgotten and would have passed into history. :D

J

Well, simply that Max is soooooo much older than you that, by the time you had reached the advanced age of six, his song would have been long forgotten and would have passed into history. :D

J

Your apology is accepted.

A Magnanimous Gari

Surely the best (and truest!) Max Boyce lyric was when he changed the words to Land Of My Father and sang at the opening of the Millennium Stadium

"The roof slides back when Wales attack so God can watch us play"

strangely no-one seems to have written a similar song for Emile heskey ;)

I'm sure there should be some representatives of each of the nations involved in the world cup to provide a bit of banter on board during the match.

Archived