Lets Do it Again - Reunion Cruise

Not wanting to hijack the Diamond Princess BKK to SYD thread I thought I would start a new one. To catch you up, we had a great cruise on the Diamond from BKK to SYD last year, fabulous roll call more than 160+ and great friends were made all around. A number of us have had the post cruise blues which started us thinking about a reunion cruise. Anyone got some good ideas?

I just saw the Ocean Princess Papeete to Hawaii in Nov for around $1200 USD, cruise only, 12 days and the chance of a few days in Hawaii before flying back.

This is an itinerary I would love to do..I would like to do the whole thing from Sydney but the workers amongst us probably could not spare the time., 35 days. (I would love it..finally be Elite).

I don't think we can do the Ocean Princess this year but it might be worth watching for next year..come on all you cc'ers

want to come and play again? Ideas please all you bargain hunters.

If we can get Lizzy, Kathy, and Campingman off a ship for long enough we could meet up in Sydney and discuss options.

Gai, Debs what do you think?

rugbypopsie@hotmail.com

I just saw the Ocean Princess Papeete to Hawaii in Nov for around $1200 USD, cruise only, 12 days and the chance of a few days in Hawaii before flying back.This is an itinerary I would love to do..I would like to do the whole thing from Sydney but the workers amongst us probably could not spare the time., 35 days. (I would love it..finally be Elite).I don't think we can do the Ocean Princess this year but it might be worth watching for next year..come on all you cc'ers want to come and play again? .

I think Ocean Princess is doing Capetown to Singapore at that time, but a cruise from Sydney to Hawaii and Tahiti sounds great....

Oops...it was the Royal Princess Nov 5..now you know why I wont be the one doing the organising lol!

I would like to do the full one too love sailing away for Sydney and back with no flights ...but the price?

I loved the Cherry Blossom I think the long cruises are well..just so cruisey! I seem to float into state of blissful sloth.

Hey everyone........great thread Sue.........John and I are looking at booking, if the prices come down to a more cruiser friendly level:D, Radiance of the Sea's Sydney to Honolulu cruise in April 2012.....thats the next slot free this end :cool::cool::cool: cheers Shiona

Hey everyone........great thread Sue.........John and I are looking at booking, if the prices come down to a more cruiser friendly level:D, Radiance of the Sea's Sydney to Honolulu cruise in April 2012.....thats the next slot free this end :cool::cool::cool: cheers Shiona

I saw today that cruise is selling for US$117 per person per day inside cabin and US$135 per person for an ocean view with US$200 on board credit if you book before 30 June.

Jillybean:)

I saw today that cruise is selling for US$117 per person per day inside cabin and US$135 per person for an ocean view with US$200 on board credit if you book before 30 June.

Jillybean:)

hi Shiona, if you got the Radience to Honolulu in 2012 you can spend a week in Hawaii and get the Dawn Princess home

bob

Gees guys I am trying to work out how to survive the next 7 months without thinking about 2012...after the Dawn Princess experience I don't think I could bring myself to book that far ahead again.

We seemed to be getting votes for a Tahiti/Hawaii Reunion..great idea suits me too. I would really love to sail with you all again it was such a good cruise..honestly the best.

Whats the best time of year for that area?

So everybody who's interested keep your eyes peeled for bargains and let us all know.'

I'm with Shiona as we are pretty well booked up and that cruise Sydney to Hawaii sounds good.(love Hawaii:D) Far enough out for everyone to get themselves organized too.:p

I'm not free until 2040 or so :p (I think that's when the government will allow retirement :D) but I'll squeeze something in before then.

I'm booked until January 2011. That's as far as I can think ahead at the moment. I'm already looking to change my job :eek::eek::eek:

Hey Shiona, did you have your shoulder surgery????

Hey everyone........great thread Sue.........John and I are looking at booking, if the prices come down to a more cruiser friendly level:D, Radiance of the Sea's Sydney to Honolulu cruise in April 2012.....thats the next slot free this end cheers Shiona

I'm with Shiona as we are pretty well booked up and that cruise Sydney to Hawaii sounds good.(love Hawaii:D) Far enough out for everyone to get themselves organized too.

I'm not free until 2040 or so :p (I think that's when the government will allow retirement :D) but I'll squeeze something in before then.

I'm booked until January 2011. That's as far as I can think ahead at the moment. I'm already looking to change my job :eek:

Well I have NOTHING booked and I'm beginning to go stir crazy.

LIZZY, SHIONA, DEBS & MS RUGBY (sorry I could only multi quote 3) it is absolutely imperative that we keep this reunion thing going. All others are of course most welcome to join our happy group.

Debs, I had a look at the Sun Princess South Pacific, but I don't think this one is for me, although there are a few of the old crew going.

Shiona, the Ruby Princess & the Celebrity TAs also look great. I'm really interested in a Trans Atlantic except for the airfares!!!!

Now I'm thinking that TAHITI LOOKS NICE, but I can't wait til 2012, so I might just take a closer look at the Royal Princess in November 2010.

I like the look of the Royal Princess one as well, we could have a few days in Hawaii before flying back.:D

Do they have a "ROSS" store there?

Anyone thinking of joining in, no fashionistas, no divas, just a bunch of us who really enjoy our cruising and the good company of like minded others. Guaranteed lots of laughs and a general good time.

I like the look of the Royal Princess one as well, we could have a few days in Hawaii before flying back.:D

Do they have a "ROSS" store there?

I like the way you think!!! I just googled "Ross" - there are 12 stores in Hawaii including 4 in Honolulu :eek: . I've never been, but those that have RAVE about the stores!!! I know Kathy loves them AND she loves Hawaii, but even Ross won't be enough to get her on another cruise in November. SO maybe I should check it out this year with a view to a re-union cruise next year. No harm in dreaming :D .

I had never heard of ROSS stores either until we stumbled across one in Guam and my friend Sandra went nuts...so much for the 3 malls we were going to check out we spent the entire time in one ROSS store! Thank goodness we were sailing back into Sydney we had to buy another bag.

And you thought Cheryl and I could shop..wait til you meet Sandra!:eek:

I'll outshop you girls any day! Just ask Mark :D:D:D:

We'd love to do another cruise with all you fine people. I just need to work out how to retain this income but not actually take the time out to do the work!!

ROSS is OK. I think they used to be better but it's really a case of luck as their stock changes so quickly. I just hate how most of their stores look like a bomb has just gone off. It's probably cause people like us just cut a swath through it on a shopping frenzy :D

Maurice

Hi Maurice nice to see you guys are lurking also...are you up for the reunion..we need lots of eyes looking for a great deal, does the Tahiti/Hawaii suggestion appeal?

I agree about the "bomb explosion" look of the Ross store...not usually a fan of searching through the racks and racks..but it sure was worth it.

I want to see Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora, DH is a volcano nut so its easy to sell him on Hawaii we have been to the big island but not seen Volcanoes National Park.

My preference would be a fly/Cruise like the Ocean Princess mainly because of timing for those who cant take much time off also the option of staying a while in Hawaii has a lot of attraction. I have been on the Pacific Princess one of the smaller ships in Princess but it was lovely and never felt crowded.

The roll call did such a good job of sourcing interesting shore tours plus all our get togethers onboard and it added a whole new element to cruising as I had never cruised with such an active roll call before.

We need to be ready with interested parties so we can pounce when the price is right:p

Do I really have to wait until 2012:eek:

We need to be ready with interested parties so we can pounce when the price is right:p

Do I really have to wait until 2012:eek:

Sue we could always pop in a 2011 3 nighter ex Sydney as a re-acquaint cruise to be followed by the reunion cruise........:p:p:D:D

I am waiting for the 2012 Worldies to be released... if something suits us all we could even look at a sector cruise.....

I'm already looking to change my job :eek:

Hey Deb.....good luck with the job hunt i was never one to stay too long at a job.......ooops i just calculated i have been Johns PM for 19 years:eek::eek:

Didn't have the shoulder done....came home from cruise with a nasty virus so i had to cancel surgery, rebooked for Jan and cancelled again .....ortho wouldn't commit to a success rate he even went as far as to say it could get worse so i woosed out.....shoulder needs replacing so will live within my new limits till then. I have 20% motion returned which is fabulous i can now see the armpit forest:cool:.......but wait there's more recently found out my knee reconstruction of 30 yrs is failing and i need partial knee replacement.... when am i supposed to get the time for that ....I GOT HOLIDAYS BOOKED TILL 2012........:D......i never thought for one minute change of life meant everything broke...

Well I have NOTHING booked and I'm beginning to go stir crazy.

LIZZY, SHIONA, DEBS & MS RUGBY (sorry I could only multi quote 3) it is absolutely imperative that we keep this reunion thing going. All others are of course most welcome to join our happy group.

Debs, I had a look at the Sun Princess South Pacific, but I don't think this one is for me, although there are a few of the old crew going.

Shiona, the Ruby Princess & the Celebrity TAs also look great. I'm really interested in a Trans Atlantic except for the airfares!!!!

Now I'm thinking that TAHITI LOOKS NICE, but I can't wait til 2012, so I might just take a closer look at the Royal Princess in November 2010.

Totally agree with Gai about keeping this wonderful group going.....

Gai with the TA's we are lucky we will already be over that way so cruise is just an add on... Tahiti is gorgeous you will definately need to see it twice once in November and then again around April...... cheers Shiona

Oh please don't start me thinking again about worldies...we did the Cherry Blossom to see if long is too long...and it definately isn't. But just not the Dawn or Sun Princess DH would not go for either..DH is not quite retired and I have just about planned to spend everything we have to live on LOL in my mind anyway, on travel.

Need this to take my mind off NAVY boy he is in Tonga on the ship that has one of its boys drowned. They are still looking for him...so sad. They were all so young and happy when we saw them off in Sydney.

Oh Sue that is so sad about the lost sailor. Having had an army son I was oh so pleased when he retired after 23 years of service. You never stop worrying about them when they are on active service. Darren did 10 months in Iraq and 2 stints in Timor so I really understand.

Shiona I am also waiting surgery on my knee and no they still won't do a replacement as I am "too young"!!!(any other time I would be delighted to hear that). I have a blood abnormality which means that they do not want to do any surgery in case I might bleed. Doesn't matter that I have never had a problem ever before with bleeding:(. I will take the risks but no surgeon will:confused:.

Anyway still love the sound of Hawaii, Tahiti etc.(even on 1 leg) Will make room in schedule somewhere :p:p. ( how did I ever find time to work:D)

I just heard that they have had to abandon the search...I don't know how much worse it can be for his parents. The ship will continue onto its deployment now..I haven't been able to contact my son I am sure they have all had much more on their minds than answering worried mums email.

Yes im back.36 days on 3 ships including the Golden Princess,7 weeks away.

Lets see what the others think?The negative is its July however if it was like this week or weekend it would be glorious.The problem with the other vessels is there not as intimate as the Lady Hopetoun where we can all sit aroind a table in comfort.

Archived