Future Cruise Voucher

moonandsun

I have seen recently on here questions about the Future Cruise Vouchers.....So I thought I would share my experience. We purchased the FCV on our cruise in March. Decided to book one for Oct '10. We paid everything on the cruise except for 100.00. I sent the FCV certified mail on June 4th and the 100.00 payment and 100.00 OBC were posted yesterday(June 18th). What a great thing. I love getting 100.00 OBC for a zero cost.

Happy Sailing. :p

Sent ours in about three weeks ago and still waiting for our credit to be posted.

Do you have a PVP? I emailed mine and then it shortly showed up thereafter.

As long as you sent it Cert Mail you can follow up. Good luck!!

I asked him last week and he said give it another week or so.

Cruise is not till beg october so not worried.

Just a pain that you have to send my certified mail. Should be easy to do by email using number of certificate.

But as long as you know you will be sailing soon it is a great deal.

Also stockholder so the obc's are great.

Glad yours went smoothly. Keep copies of EVERYTHING.

We purchased our first one, but they charged the wrong person, so we didn't purchase it. But we didn't find out until we mailed it in. Thank goodness I keep copies of EVERYTHING, since that proved that we did "purchase" one. Then we had to purchase it, and everything worked out fine after that.

Shay

I am glad for you, but we solo passangers paying 200% single supplement only get half the advertised OBC. :mad:

. . . which makes zero sense regarding fairness.

Now that the 200% is across the board, and not just for cabins beyond the 1A category, it's definitive proof that CCL does not have the solo passenger on their future cruiser radar. :(

Something to keep in mind: if you like to book your trips closer to actual sailing time, they want you to overnight the certificate -- $$! Not sure how far in advance they need to receive it, but I didn't book my July 8 cruise until June 8 and I am forgoing using one this time.

Something to keep in mind: if you like to book your trips closer to actual sailing time, they want you to overnight the certificate -- $$! Not sure how far in advance they need to receive it, but I didn't book my July 8 cruise until June 8 and I am forgoing using one this time.

Who is this "they"?? I booked with my PVP 8 days before my last cruise and sent it in regular certified mail ... as per the instructions on the back of the FCC. I rushed to the post office to get it in the mail at 4:45 pm on a Thursday, it arrived on a Saturday, mail was still being sorted thru tuesday, my PVP got them to apply it Wednesday ...

I had to pay the full price she said per procedures (some PVPs dont follow this and let you pay less the $100, but my PVP said lets not chance them cancelling your booking in between).

IMO, you still have time to get that FCC mailed in ...especially if you booked direct and have someone who can make sure it gets applied.

btw it wasnt until after the cruise I got my $100 for the FCC refunded to my credit card. I was also given the option of having the $100 cost of the FCC applied as additional OBC

Archived