HeLp! What is the Cruise called...

got2shop

That leaves from one port and then ends up at another destination at the end to deport?? Thanx =)

I think it's simply called a cruise that isn't a round trip.

Oh by the way, if the initial and final ports are different and both are in the US, and the cruise does not stop at a distant foreign port, the cruise is called "ILLEGAL".

Scott & Karen

Just because a cruise begins and ends in different ports doesn't make it a repositioning cruise. There are plenty of Alaskan, European and Australia/NZ cruises that aren't "repositioning". Some of the Panama Canal cruises are, but a number aren't.

Just because a cruise begins and ends in different ports doesn't make it a repositioning cruise. There are plenty of Alaskan, European and Australia/NZ cruises that aren't "repositioning". Some of the Panama Canal cruises are, but a number aren't.

Yes, I realize that....I have taken a few cruises. I was just tryng to come up with what the OP might be thinking. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Oh by the way, if the initial and final ports are different and both are in the US, and the cruise does not stop at a distant foreign port, the cruise is called "ILLEGAL".

I digress, I've heard this before...why is it illegal?

Because the Passenger Vessel Services Act requires that a non-USA flagged ship visit a distant foreign port if the passengers embark in one US port and disembark in another.

Because the Passenger Vessel Services Act requires that a non-USA flagged ship visit a distant foreign port if the passengers embark in one US port and disembark in another.

This does not just apply to US. It applies everywhere because of cabotage laws.

Recently we wanted to do a partial cruise which was all within Spain. We were not allowed to do this. We would have had to join in Lisbon before the ports in Spain.

The same applies to Greek Island cruises (assuming not a Greek cruise line). These cruises must call at a foreign port (usually somewhere in Turkey).

Archived