2 Questions

webprinter

We are planning on a Western Caribbean cruise, are any shots or malaria pills required before traveling? The only ones we have had are DT and Hep B? Also, who or what are the "friends of Bill W." My husband and I keep seeing these meetings and are curious. Thanks. Debby

We are planning on a Western Caribbean cruise, are any shots or malaria pills required before traveling? The only ones we have had are DT and Hep B? Also, who or what are the "friends of Bill W." My husband and I keep seeing these meetings and are curious. Thanks. Debby
No shots needed :) Friends of Bill W is an AA support group :)

"Friends of Bill W"

For years I was curious about this "group" meeting myself (back in the 80's and no Cruise Critic to ask). So I finally went to the designated area to see what it was all about. Get this - the meeting was in a bar! A waited 20 minutes - no one showed up - not even a person that might have been in charge of this "meeting". There wasn't even a bar tender around as it wasn't time for that particular bar to open. Later on the day, I asked out maitre' d in the dining room and he told me it was an AA meeting.

Shots are never "required" for travel in the Caribbean but some just feel more comfortable taking precautions even though things like malaria aren't in the regions where cruise ships travel in the Caribbean. I would strongly recommend Hep A in addition to the Hep B you already have. Also, tetanus is 10 years for a booster---I just asked my doctor this past week when I last had mine (1999), and she said you only need to update this every 10 years.

Archived