Norwegian Sky Freestyle Daily (June 18-20, 2010)

beepee

curious what time we should get to the port? i was hoping we could get onboard around 11am? or am i dreaming? looking to get some pool time in before muster drill and sailaway :p;)

I recall getting to the Port around 11AM and being able to check in right away -- but boarding definitely did not start till noon, and priority guests board first. Between that and the line to the gangway we didn't actually set foot on the ship till about 12:30 PM, but from there if you have your swimsuits in your carryon bags it's easy enough to head straight up to the pool deck, change in a restroom or shower area, and grab a deck chair. They keep netting over the pool until a lifeguard is available, however, so by 12:30 no one was in the pool yet, but there were sunbathers around it.

Still, on this itinerary sailaway is later in the afternoon, so I think you'll have lots of time to catch a dip. Pools on the Sky are a bit small, so be ready for a tight crowd in the water.

Thank you for posting. We are doing this cruise July 2- 5. Do you have any dinner menus to share?

Didn't take any pictures of menus, but I did log what we ordered at the Palace Main Dining Room for three nights of dinner:

Day 1: grilled mahi-mahi, lamb provençal

Day 2: lobster and grouper, beef wellington

Day 3: pecan-encrusted snapper, cheese tortellini

It was all quite excellent, with the exception of the lobster, which was a bit overcooked to the point of chewiness.

Didn't take any pictures of menus, but I did log what we ordered at the Palace Main Dining Room for three nights of dinner:

Day 1: grilled mahi-mahi, lamb provençal

Day 2: lobster and grouper, beef wellington

Day 3: pecan-encrusted snapper, cheese tortellini

It was all quite excellent, with the exception of the lobster, which was a bit overcooked to the point of chewiness.

Thank you! It sounds wonderful.

• 2 years later...
Thank you for this! I was looking for these all over to get a sense of what my upcoming cruise will include and finally stumbled upon them here. Thank you!

These are almost 3 years old. If you can't find newer ones, I'll scan in mine for you later this week. We were on the 3-day Sky cruise in January of this year.

Archived