Jacksonville hotel?

alexney

Holiday Inn Express Blount Island is the closest to the port, but there is not a lot close by.

We have cruised from Jacksonville three times and have stayed the night before near the airport (Clarion twice and Microtel once - all good stays - ask for a tower room at the Clarion) - we drove our car and didn't need to make any last minute purchases. There is a shopping center (with a Walmart) between the airport and the cruiseport.

There are quite a few hotels (most near the airport) that offer a cruise package with shuttles included.

Check these out - http://www.visitjacksonville.com/packages/

Another suggestion I would give you: if you have a "favorite chain" that you enjoy staying at (and perhaps earn rewards for doing so), check to see if they have a location near the Jacksonville airport that might offer the parking/shuttle services as well. You might also try Hotwire or Priceline for a good deal.

I feel pretty sure you will be able to find a place that offers what you want. Enjoy your cruise on Fascination!

Back in 2005, we stayed at the Holiday Inn airport. It was very easy to find off 95, and offered the park and cruise package. I think it was $110 at the time and includes secured parking and R/T transfers to the port :) We were very pleased with the hotel itself!

Although I have no experience with any of the JAX hotels, I did shop for a rooom for my cruise in September. I've found that if there's only two ppl it a good deal to stay @ the cruise & park or if you plan to fly in also but be aware only a couple offer round trip transfers, it's mostly just to the port & you have to arrange your own transportation back. Also there's an additional charge if you have more than 2 in your room in most cases. I don't know if this is strictly enforced. Some do offer a free breakfast though. We ended up booking our hotel on Priceline, we were able to pick the area we needed and got a great deal ($40 less than the going rate) because you name your own price. We've used Hotwire many times in the past & have found that to be a great deal as well.

Looks like you're cruising in just a few days, have a great time & don't forget to post a review!

Go to the Florida Departures board here. There are several threads with recs and reviews and information. Most of the hotels are by the airport. Some have Park N Crusie pacjkages but you'll need to book your shuttle to the port, about 20-25 minutes away.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for you about Hotwire or Hotline -- why can't you select the hotel you want to stay at -- and then give your bid? I am new to this, I went on line and they gave me good rates, but said they couldn't give you the name of the hotel until after you bid/paid for it. Is that the way this is handled? Never heard of that before. I am checking all the 'reviews' too at specific hotels and certainly don't want to have to take one with a bad review just b/c my bid was low -- can anyone answer this for me? or let me know if I am doing something wrong? thanks!

Archived