want to get a spa suite on the dream..

csoud

We cruised the Dream in Feb. and are going again in Sep. On the Feb. cruise we had a Spa Balcony category 8S. You get full use of the Spa. Somethings like the sauna, showers, and weight room are open for anyone on the ship. If you are in one of the spa cabins you get a wrist band that lets you in some locked doors that give you access to an indoor whirlpool, steam bath with heated chairs (which my wife loves), as well as a little sitting area with juices and fruit. There are also a bathrooms with a couple of showers. I liked it because when the rest of the family was getting ready I could walk down to those showers and just take a shower there. The spa is on the 12th deck and so are all of the spa balcony rooms, there were no 12th floor interior rooms.

I just booked a cruise on the Dream for Sep. 19th the other day, and booked a room on the 6th floor. My wife reminded me that all Carnival rooms are smoking rooms except the spa rooms. My wife has asthma and cannot stay in a room that someone has ever smoked in. I couldn't get my money back without taking a big penalty so I upgraded to a spa balcony room again. I am glad I did and am looking forward to it.

If you don't want to pay for a spa room you can always pay to go to the spa but I don't know how much it costs.

I have had a spa cabin on the Dream and the Splendor and both were totally worth it to me....BECAUSE I really used the Cloud 9 amenities every day.

The closest description of the thalassotherapy pool that I can give is like the hot springs mineral baths like in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Not as good...but pretty close.

I love the 2 Saunas....one is really hot and the other is just a little hotter than your standard sauna. The aromatherapy rooms are nice, but you will need a towel to lay on those heated ceramic loungers...they get toasty.

The cabin itself is the same size as the standard interior or balcony cabin...but you get a nicer robe (thicker) and slippers that you get to take home. The decor is an Asian theme and your beach towels are tan instead of blue. You also get some travel size samples of Elemis (both body and hair products). You have the standard body soap and shampoo in the shower.

I know they do sell the Cloud 9 package for the entire cruise...I think about $140 for a 7 day. They use to sell daily visits as well..but I am not certain they still do this or for how much.

OMG it is worth it!!!! I had the spa suite on the Splendor (the layout, size, and colors, are the same on the Dream). I went solo and I was willing to pay the price to cheer in 40 where I wanted it to be, which mean't not at home!

The Thalassopool and thermal suite are part of the perks of the spa category and I certainly took full advantage of both!!!! I loved the thalassopool...oh my.....

Go for it, the cabin is huge and there is great deal of storage space so much each person can have their own closet space.

I just booked a cruise on the Dream for Sep. 19th the other day, and booked a room on the 6th floor. My wife reminded me that all Carnival rooms are smoking rooms except the spa rooms. My wife has asthma and cannot stay in a room that someone has ever smoked in. I couldn't get my money back without taking a big penalty so I upgraded to a spa balcony room again. I am glad I did and am looking forward to it.

quote]

i'm about 99% sure, but ALL carnival staterooms are now smoke free, and the dream being a new ship would never have had smoking in the past.

Archived