calling all past dream passengers

so i just booked the dream for the october 2nd sailing and then booked my parents for the october 16th sailing. my father LOVES cruising my mother is indifferent so indifferent that when i gave her a guilt trip about going to italy for 10 days without my dad ( he hates flying) and then not aranging for a vacay for him she handed over her credit card and said for me to book it. if your wondering why he does not book it himself?? lets just say my mom wears the pants my dad is super passive not to mention computer illiterate. the point of this thread is i want my dad to have a great cruise and maybe even change my mothers perspective to match mine and my fathers love of cruising so does anyone have some tips unique to the dream to make their cruise even better??????

so i just booked the dream for the october 2nd sailing and then booked my parents for the october 16th sailing. my father LOVES cruising my mother is indifferent so indifferent that when i gave her a guilt trip about going to italy for 10 days without my dad ( he hates flying) and then not aranging for a vacay for him she handed over her credit card and said for me to book it. if your wondering why he does not book it himself?? lets just say my mom wears the pants my dad is super passive not to mention computer illiterate. the point of this thread is i want my dad to have a great cruise and maybe even change my mothers perspective to match mine and my fathers love of cruising so does anyone have some tips unique to the dream to make their cruise even better??????

Have a cruise journal for our Western on the Dream lots of pictures, etc

might help set the mood (link below)

Dream was beautiful!

I loved the Lanai (deck 5). Port side is smoking, Starboard non-smoking,

if that's an issue. At Mid-ship, there are tables & chairs on either side

for relaxing. You can walk the the circumference of the ship on this deck.

Also not to miss is the Pasta Bar (Deck 11 Aft). Go early in the cruise,

before word of mouth gets around and it gets crowded.

Barry in the Piano Bar is good, but bear in mind he can get R-rated as the

night progresses.

While it may not be your parents' thing, the water works shouldn't be

missed! The Drainpipe & Twister were awesome!

Serenity area is Deck 15 Forward. It lives up to it's name! Get there early

if you want a hammock.

If you have any specific ????s let me know!

The Serenity Deck was my favorite! (video)

SerenityDeck.jpghammock-1.jpg

Also order room service and excursions from your cabin:

tvorder.jpg

Have Fun! And don't miss the Icees like I did! :D

You can check out my review from our Dream cruise. Use the link in my signature. I can't get it to post here.

It was my favorite cruise ever! I loved the ship! Also, "The Klev" posted in my review, and he also has his own review of the cruise, that you can find the link for in his signature. His family stayed in the spa cabins, and he absolutely loved it. He included plenty of pictures too.

Nice that you booked your folks a spa cabin, I would bet they enjoy the spa facilities - one of the high points of our cruise on the Dream - we'll be sailing her again next year and look forward to those facilities, it was a nice treat to be able to visit the spa together.

IMHO there is enough variety on the Dream to please any age group, and I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time.

Archived