Bringing Soda Onboard????

ckrobyn

Just wondering if there any issues with bringing your own soda onboard the ship? Will anyone from the cruiseline give you weird looks if you arrive with a few cases of Pepsi? I don't want to feel embarrassed on my very first cruise! :rolleyes:

On our last 4 HAL cruises, we brought a 12-pack of Pepsi on in our carry-on (don't care for Coke - which is the brand HAL carries) to enjoy in our cabin and had no problem. But "a few cases" is a different story altogether. That might qualify as abusing HAL's present policy of allowing pax to bring soda on.

I don't get it,,, Zero ............cruises, but 640 posts, and a question that you have had to have seen the answer to at least a couple of hundred times :confused:.

I will NOT dignify that with an answer. Yes...maybe I will. Back off buddy! :mad:

Your post was rude and a direct attack on me, and the # of posts I have. Apparently counting posts is something you do on a regular basis?

How pathetic.

There are plenty of other experienced cruisers that are willing to take the time and answer a first timer's question. Are you also monitoring the threads I look at? How do you know what I have seen on here and what I haven't?

I am tired of posts like yours that just plain make me feel bad. Please stop judging me, it's really not appropriate or fair.

It doesn't get you anywhere to respond to them.

I absolutely love your anticipation and your participation on this board, I remember my first cruise and I know well how you must feel.

To answer your question, a six or twelve pack probably won't get any response while boarding, but a few cases may. Why not take on a smaller amount and purchase more at shore stops, that way you have no worries about confiscation and you won't have to haul a bunch of cans onto the ship at embarkation.

So, ask your questions and continue on with your excitement, most of us like it. BTW, I'm sure I've written this in the past, but maybe I like your posts because I have a daughter with the same name.

Kathy:

Thanks very much for your response, and your answer to my question.

As you could tell by my response, I'm fed up :( I posted a legitimate question on a board called "Ask a cruise question" and then I get a response like that.....it irritates me that some people have so little to do, that they have to pick on everyone else.

All that aside, your answer put the smile back on my face! :) If Steve (dosp) wasn't boarding the Mariner as we speak, he would have had a field day with that person!

Wow! Your daughter has the same name as mine! That's really neat considering it is not a very common name.....I won't say it here in case you don't want your daughter's name disclosed...but we chose the name after seeing it listed in the TV guide...a certain "Rocky" movie was on the weekend I was going to have the baby....and DH really liked it.

Once again, thanks for making me smile.....it's people like you that make us first timers come back after they have been publicly flogged!

Robyn

Hi, Southbound! I read in one of your posts that you were in S7080 on the Oosterdam. We are booked in that cabin and I was wondering if you had any complaints about it. Also, a few questions:

1. The deck plan looks like there is a storage cabinet/service room across the hall from the entry of the cabin -- was there any disruption?

2. Was the "hike" from the cabin to the Neptune Lounge bothersome?

I'm sorry to reply to a post regarding soda to contact you, but your profile would not let me send you an email message.

Any info. on your cruise or the cabin would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

lkbouchard

Robyn, I agree, ignore that person!

We just got back Saturday from sailing on the NCL Sun, and had a duffel bag with an eight-pack of Pepsi plastic bottles, a twelve pack of Pepsi One, and also a pack of bottled water since we heard that bottle water aboard in around $3. The Pepsi One drinker got to carry the duffel bag, I'm glad he's a big strong guy.

Linda

We always bring our own soda as I don't like coke products and that's who has the cruiseline contracts. We also bring our own bottled water if we don't think we can get it at one of the ports we will visit. I would rather spend my $$ on bar drinks...:D

Sorry you had another poster rough you up!!

My husband and I are hosting a group (approx 300) that leaves next week. This will be my 3rd cruise but each cruise is unique.

This sight has been a godsend as I've been asked questions that I honestly didn't know the answers to and was able to do some research on this site to find what I needed.

The "can you take soda on the ship" has come up over and over. I know folks take their chances with liquor. But I didn't know the routine for soda. In the past we have always bought a case of water and stashed the bottles in our carry ons. (We do this in each port as we work out and do the more adventerous excursions and don't drink soda anymore.)

I also have people who want to know about taking beer on the ship in the same fashion as sneaking on the sodas. I know about the corkage fee on wine (even with that fee plus the original cost of the wine your still ahead quite a bit over what they charge on the ship).

Thanks!

The "Dyslexic Pirate"

Roaming the Caribbean, invading Islands and only leaving after we've given them all of our money!

ckrobyn, you go, kiddo! Anticipation is half the fun! I can't understand why anyone would have to make such a rude comment. (I guess "somebody" had a bad day!) Probably every question asked on here has been asked a number of times. But you can spend HOURS looking up the answer through so many, many posts. The search feature also isn't exactly dead on w/the answers you are seeking as well. Sometimes it's quicker just to ask the question again. Also, new board readers may read the question/answer even if they didn't think of it themselves and learn something.

Hi, Southbound! I read in one of your posts that you were in S7080 on the Oosterdam. We are booked in that cabin and I was wondering if you had any complaints about it. Also, a few questions:

1. The deck plan looks like there is a storage cabinet/service room across the hall from the entry of the cabin -- was there any disruption?

2. Was the "hike" from the cabin to the Neptune Lounge bothersome?

I'm sorry to reply to a post regarding soda to contact you, but your profile would not let me send you an email message.

Any info. on your cruise or the cabin would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

lkbouchard

We were very pleased with 7080. Believe the service cabinet contained clean towel supply and we never heard it being opened or closed. The walk to & from the Neptune Lounge wasn't any problem for either of us, as it really isn't as far as appears on the deck plan. In fact, we rather enjoyed the opportunity to get in some extra walking. Our room steward was delightful and did an excellent job. It was our first experience in a suite and boy, did we get spoiled! We were very pleased with the location of 7080 and also the Oosterdam (much more so than the Zui), but of course that's only our personal opinion. You won't be disappointed with your stateroom. Have a great cruise! :)

We were very pleased with 7080. Believe the service cabinet contained clean towel supply and we never heard it being opened or closed. The walk to & from the Neptune Lounge wasn't any problem for either of us, as it really isn't as far as appears on the deck plan. In fact, we rather enjoyed the opportunity to get in some extra walking. Our room steward was delightful and did an excellent job. It was our first experience in a suite and boy, did we get spoiled! We were very pleased with the location of 7080 and also the Oosterdam (much more so than the Zui), but of course that's only our personal opinion. You won't be disappointed with your stateroom. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for the reply and for the information, Southbound! It sounds like we will be very pleased with that cabin -- this is our first time on HAL, so we're very excited! And, to start out in a suite will be wonderful! Thanks, again!

Archived