Question - Skagway Brewing Company

Cheryl H

I read a review that said the best halibut and chips in Skagway is at the Skagway Brewing Company. Is it a place that we can bring our 6 year old in with us for lunch.....or is it just a bar, so no kids allowed? Or is there another place you could recommend?

Cannot decide on Chilkoot bus/train combo and eat lunch in town, or do the Chilkoot Yukon with lunch in Carcross. Decisions decisions. Thought I'd at least ask about lunch options right there in port.

Thanks for the info.

Cheryl

We went there for lunch while we were in Skagway. We did not have the fish and chips but the sandwiches we got were very good. My husband that is kind of a beer snob really enjoyed their beers too. It was crowded when we were there and we sat at the bar but there are tables too and I don't see why you couldn't take a child.

We took the 7.5 hour train bus to the Yukon, it was beautiful but I would be concerned a young child might be bored with that length. Our driver dropped us off at the Skagway Brewing Co after the tour, we had several different beers, DH bought some of their tshirts and we had some great chili cheese fries. It's not a rowdy or fancy place, there were children there when we were there in late afternoon.

Archived