Wine Package and Room Service

I haven't seen this question posted previously so if I missed it please forgive me. My DH and I plan on purchasing a wine package for our upcoming cruise. The question I have is two fold, first can we have wine delivered to our cabin through room service from our package or is it only available from the MDR?

Secondily, if it can be delivered through room service, do we have to be in the room when it is delivered or can we have it sent there while we are off doing other activities on the ship? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Yes, you can get your wine bottles from room service and, yes, you must be in the room because the person delivering is likely NOT your cabin steward (might be but just as likely might not), so they won't have any way of getting into the cabin. Also, it is expected that you would tip a few $$$ to the person making the delivery.

Gerif, of course, it makes sense that they would not have a room key and it would not be your cabin stewart. As far as a tip, I would have just left a tip out with a note for them to take. Thanks for your reply.

Whether you can get your wine through room service depends on the ship. On Radiance in April you could not. I don't know about Mariner.

And room service can get into your cabin - things like petit fours, cheese plates & other DP/suite perks magically appear while we're out and the cabin steward is off duty (and I've seen them opening other doors). But if you are on a ship where room service will deliver on the wine package, I imaging that they will need to have you sign for it so they can mark it off your package.

You can also go to the Windjammer to pick up a bottle and wine glasses. I don't think they will have corkscrews, but you can pack your own or have your cabin steward (or room service) get you one.

I have ordered food and wine pre-cruise and it has shown up in our cabin on the assigned day. We were not in the cabin. So apparently, they can let themselves in for deliveries.

I have ordered food and wine pre-cruise and it has shown up in our cabin on the assigned day. We were not in the cabin. So apparently, they can let themselves in for deliveries.

We did this as well, no problem. We did not ever attempt to utilize our wine package for room service, though.

I will say that we were not allowed to remove our half consumed bottle of wine from the dining room to take BACK to our room, which seemed really strange to us. Especially since we WERE allowed to fill both wine glasses to the brim (thus emptying the bottle) and take them out of the MDR!

We did this as well, no problem. We did not ever attempt to utilize our wine package for room service, though.

I will say that we were not allowed to remove our half consumed bottle of wine from the dining room to take BACK to our room, which seemed really strange to us. Especially since we WERE allowed to fill both wine glasses to the brim (thus emptying the bottle) and take them out of the MDR!

We were allowed to take our bottle of wine with us on the AOS in 2005. We opened a new bottle with dinner and then realized that we only had a few sips of wine. We could have re-corked it for the next night but since it was red wine, we figured we would like to have some wine in our room in case we wanted to have some for the rest of the trip and they said no problem:)

Archived