Jeans....need help

robthens

Hi Lois,

It was hard to respond correctly and I was worried that I wouldn't get it quite right. I was quoting 6rugrats asking her what was with the OP.;) Thanks for not thinking I was rude because I was certainly not tyring to be rude.:)

I am glad you understood I was "talking" to the OP, not to you. Suggesting someone try on jeans is not rude at all. It was a very odd response to your reasonable suggestion.

Since the original poster specifically asked responders to avoid mail order suggestions, I'm sure all along she intended to go try the jeans on in person. I think that's possibly why she said no need to tell her to go try them on - she said in her original post she would be going to the stores to try on the recommendations......

I personally do much of my shopping mail order AND have been known to buy stuff in a store without trying it on - I'll try it on at home and return if it doesn't fit; I hate dressing rooms that smell as if diapers have been changed in them. However, I avoided those recommendations in this thread because the original poster asked me to:p

Since the original poster specifically asked responders to avoid mail order suggestions, I'm sure all along she intended to go try the jeans on in person. I think that's possibly why she said no need to tell her to go try them on - she said in her original post she would be going to the stores to try on the recommendations......

She said this?:p

There were lots of posts that did not specifically answer; sits @the waist, size 8 waist, 10 hips, short, no mail order.;):)

I’ve used the CC boards for many years (actually prior to 2005).[/font][/size][/b]

The CC boards and Trip Advisor have been a great source of information.

Question have been answered, independent touring has been enhanced and if I think I can add to a thread, I do my best to be a positive participant.

I plan a shopping day on Tuesday. Hopefully, I’m will find a brand of jeans that fit over my rear end and not gap in the waist. I will try “just below the waist”; however, not very far “below the waist”. I liked the suggestion of “fit the hips” and tailor the waist (I never thought of that).

I have bought the Lee Riders' jeans (99% cotton, 1% spandex). Our Wal-mart carries that brand.

[b]I will try them on before I buy

Excuse the errors on the above post. Every time I try to fix it it gets worse.......read between the lines....hope you get the idea....LOL

Hope you are successful in your quest for jeans that fit.:)

BTW....thread many times go off topic but be assured everyone around here is always trying in some way or another.:)

Archived