Serenade of the Seas B2B June 20-July 4: My Diary

Right now we are also enjoying beautiful weather. We have been in the mid 80's and bright sunshine. As far as winter goes, I pretty much hibernate other than going to work. I HATE cold weather, but my DH loves to ice fish, etc. If it weren't for him, I would definately be living somewhere that never saw snow. :)

Thanks for this wonderful review. We are in 1600 on the 9-5 sailing and I am getting great ideas for things to do from your review. Really appreciated and love seeing the cabin!!

Oh.....you are gonna love this cabin!!! But get your hiking shoes on! Glad I could be of some help. I know you will have a great time!

I am sailing Serenade September 26th, so I'm really loving your diary and pictures--thanks for the time I know it takes to do this.

Barb

We are on this sailing as well. I am loving this review and all the pictures, thank you! Also taking note on the beach recommendations...:)

What a wonderful review of our cruise!! We are talking already taking another cruise, probably in 2012. I want to do B2B, it really sounds good!

It was nice meeting you onboard. Enjoy your summer!

What a wonderful review of our cruise!! We are talking already taking another cruise, probably in 2012. I want to do B2B, it really sounds good!

It was nice meeting you onboard. Enjoy your summer!

Hello! Glad you found this. It was nice meeting you, too. Definitely do a B2B next time. It is just wonderful and is much more relaxing that just a 7 day. I can't do those any more! Hope to see you on board another ship one of these days!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I just found this forum and registered. We are planning our first cruise for next March for our 25th anniversary. I think I have finally settled on the Serenade and to see your cruise in pictures made it so vivid for me. Our normal vacations and get aways consist of taking our trailer out for weekends or 1 or 2 week vacations. So a cruise will be such a change for us. I hadn't heard about the Mix and Mingles until your reviews so now I will be on the look out for that.

Once again, thank you for sharing. I will check back for all the recommended beaches!!!

Kelly

Hi Kelly!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It's an honor to receive your first post!! This place is great, so look around in all the forums, especially the ports of call. Lots of helpful info there! You can't go wrong with the Serenade. It is just the perfect cruise for a 25th anniversary.....especially a B2B. Good luck. I hope it works out for you. And yes.....Be sure and register for the Meet and Mngle and chat often on your Roll Call. It can make a huge difference in your cruise experience.

Your reply is so sweet. If we like cruising (as opposed to camping which we absolutely love!!) maybe we will meet you someday. I will do some more looking on the forum here. Once I make our reservations I will look for a Meet and Mingle. We like to meet people when we camp so it will be fun to meet some people when we go on a cruise. That is the fun of traveling. Thanks for the tips.

Kelly

Jane - what a great diary! We got OFF the Serenade on June 20. Had a wonderful time on our first cruise. We didin't do any excursions and only went to the beach in Aruba to snorkel for a little as the cruise was a gift from FIL - so we spent a lot of time with him.

Aruba was by far our favorite island, but I took lots of pictures of Dominica, too. (Beautiful rainbow as we left port)

I'm hoping to talk DH into doing a B2B someday - it looks like so much fun!

Thanks so much for posting!

Jyl

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this wonderful review. We are in 1600 on the 9-5 sailing and I am getting great ideas for things to do from your review. Really appreciated and love seeing the cabin!!

We are doing a B2B Sept 5, then Sept 12th for our 40th anniversary. We have 1600 for the Sept 12 sailing. I asked they put you in the OS so we can have 1600 for both sailings so I don't have to move from the other GS! ;) Keep it in good condition for us. Can't wait!!!

Edited by janazaz

Mike.....we live in Burlington' date=' about an hour and 20 minutes east of Charlotte.....just on the other side of Greensboro. I love to meet up with fellow CCer's. When is your next cruise? Our next one in on the Explorer for Christmas and New Year's. That will be our fifth Holiday cruise in a row. They are the best!![/size']

Jane -- I also live in Burlington -- I knew you looked familiar. I teach at Western Middle. I've been reading lots of cruise reviews in preparation for our first cruise next spring break on the Freedom. I've really enjoyed yours -- makes me wish I had chosen Serenade instead.

We are doing a B2B Sept 5, then Sept 12th for our 40th anniversary. We have 1600 for the Sept 12 sailing. I asked they put you in the OS so we can have 1600 for both sailings so I don't have to move from the other GS! ;) Keep it in good condition for us. Can't wait!!!

Nice try!!! Wish they had gone for it!! But I am soooo excited about that cabin I can hardly wait. We will take good care of it

What a fantastic review! One of the best I have ever read for sure! :)

Thank you for some excellent suggestions on what to do in some of the southern itinerary ports ( we have been to all of them many times, and we intend to try a few new beaches next time thanks to to your review and pictures!)

Happy 25th Anniversary to you and your DH - wishing you many more happy and healthy years together :D

Nice try!!! Wish they had gone for it!! But I am soooo excited about that cabin I can hardly wait. We will take good care of it

I'm sure you (and we) are going to enjoy it! We booked last minute and couldn't believe we had two (only 2 left) great GS choices available. Could I ask that you to kindly "GET OUT" as quickly as you can???? :) ...(just kidding....).

Jane -- I also live in Burlington -- I knew you looked familiar. I teach at Western Middle. I've been reading lots of cruise reviews in preparation for our first cruise next spring break on the Freedom. I've really enjoyed yours -- makes me wish I had chosen Serenade instead.

Wow!! Small world!! I teach at Hillcrest. Come find me on Friday afternoon at Williams!! LOL! We ran into a family from Burlington on the first leg of our cruise. I didn't know them but that was hilarious! You can get broken in on the Freedom, but while you are on board.....book the Serenade for next time!! Maybe we'll meet up soon!