Serenade of the Seas B2B June 20-July 4: My Diary

What a fantastic review! One of the best I have ever read for sure! :)

Thank you for some excellent suggestions on what to do in some of the southern itinerary ports ( we have been to all of them many times, and we intend to try a few new beaches next time thanks to to your review and pictures!)

Happy 25th Anniversary to you and your DH - wishing you many more happy and healthy years together :D

Thanks a lot Robyn! You know we have something in common in that we both love the Adventure and DeDe. Haven't heard from her recently, though. Hope you will hit some of those beaches. I think you will enjoy them.

I can actually remember when you were going on your first cruise and all your posting about it. It is amazing how much you've cruised in a short amount of time!

Edited by max'smom

What a great, great review! Thank you, thank you.....can't wait to board this ship for our B2B on Sept. 5th.

Thank you as well. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you that there will be no tropical storms during that time!

I'm sure you (and we) are going to enjoy it! We booked last minute and couldn't believe we had two (only 2 left) great GS

choices available. Could I ask that you to kindly "GET OUT" as quickly as you can???? :) ...(just kidding....).

I booked wayyyy back in April. It has been a very long wait!! I have never cruised and I looked at the deck plan and asked what the heck was wrong with the room as it was still avaliable. Rep assured me it was an awesome room.

We are not flying out till Monday so we may not be up and out till we have to be but we will keep you in mind!

Are you from Arizona as well? We live in Tucson.

I booked wayyyy back in April. It has been a very long wait!! I have never cruised and I looked at the deck plan and asked what the heck was wrong with the room as it was still avaliable. Rep assured me it was an awesome room.

We are not flying out till Monday so we may not be up and out till we have to be but we will keep you in mind!

Are you from Arizona as well? We live in Tucson.

YES! We are in Gilbert...SE Valley of PHX. Small, small world...We'll have to meet up. Still hoping you get upgraded to the OS so I can have this room B2B. :) You'll love cruising. Been on NCL and Crystal ships but have the most trips on RCL. Love this particular class of ships and I hope you will too.

Thank you as well. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you that there will be no tropical storms during that time!

Wouldn't mind a "little rain". Being from AZ it's a treat to see rain, but certainly not hoping for tropical storms or hurricanes.

YES! We are in Gilbert...SE Valley of PHX. Small, small world...We'll have to meet up. Still hoping you get upgraded to the OS so I can have this room B2B. :) You'll love cruising. Been on NCL and Crystal ships but have the most trips on RCL. Love this particular class of ships and I hope you will too.

Such a small world. What cabin are you in the first week? I will come and look for you. Have you stayed in 1600 before? It truly looks awesome!

Is the owner's suite still open? Not too likely we will get upgraded ....I never win anything or get deals! Just lucky enough to stumble on this cruise and this cabin with beginners luck! I have no doubt we will love all of it. It has been a dream of mine since I was 19. Many years ago! Now I will just spend the next 2 weeks here trying to make the time pass faster!!!

This review has been fantastic. Thank you Max's Mom for taking all this time!

Such a small world. What cabin are you in the first week? I will come and look for you. Have you stayed in 1600 before? It truly looks awesome!

Is the owner's suite still open? Not too likely we will get upgraded ....I never win anything or get deals! Just lucky enough to stumble on this cruise and this cabin with beginners luck! I have no doubt we will love all of it. It has been a dream of mine since I was 19. Many years ago! Now I will just spend the next 2 weeks here trying to make the time pass faster!!!

This review has been fantastic. Thank you Max's Mom for taking all this time!

Nope, never have been in 1600 but I'm sure it'll be fantastic. The OS is still available! Still hoping you'll get the upgrade. Maybe I'll make a call to the "peeps" tomorrow. My luck, you'll reject it! (1052 for the first one).

Nope, never have been in 1600 but I'm sure it'll be fantastic. The OS is still available! Still hoping you'll get the upgrade. Maybe I'll make a call to the "peeps" tomorrow. My luck, you'll reject it! (1052 for the first one).

We are really looking forward to the huge aft balcony! I promise to take good care of the room for you!! Where is 1052?

We are really looking forward to the huge aft balcony! I promise to take good care of the room for you!! Where is 1052?

Mid-ship, port side...two down from the CL. I'll be in the CL a lot! Best morning coffee & best adult drinks on the ship. That's the only draw back to 1600...it's a LONG walk back to the CL.

Mid-ship, port side...two down from the CL. I'll be in the CL a lot! Best morning coffee & best adult drinks on the ship. That's the only draw back to 1600...it's a LONG walk back to the CL.

I think we will be in there alot too. I am not going to mind the walk (thinking of the calories I will hopefully burn off) and I think the view will be worth it in the end!

See you in just a couple of weeks!!

• 3 weeks later...

:confused: Max'sMom-

You and DH look so familiar to us and are trying to figure out why. Tried to get some clue from your cruise history in your signature. We were on a B2B on the Empress at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept 2005. Is it possible that you were fellow Empress passengers then?

Hey, Jacki! We were on the Empress in March of 05 on the 11 night Exotic Craibbean cruise from San Juan. Loved that trip. Loved the Empress.....we were on her 5 times! In late September of 05 we were on the Jewel of the Seas out of Boston. I don't remember a Ray and Jacki from Ohio. If that doesn't jog your memory.....maybe we'll meet on a future cruise! :)

Hey' date=' [b']Jacki[/b]! We were on the Empress in March of 05 on the 11 night Exotic Craibbean cruise from San Juan. Loved that trip. Loved the Empress.....we were on her 5 times! In late September of 05 we were on the Jewel of the Seas out of Boston. I don't remember a Ray and Jacki from Ohio. If that doesn't jog your memory.....maybe we'll meet on a future cruise! :)

Maybe the Grandeur (9-night repositioning from NOLA to Baltimore) on 5/1/04?

• 3 weeks later...

Max' Mom, just wanted to thank you for all the great info and pics. Our 9-5 cruise was awesome. On Aruba I had really wanted to go to Eagle Beach after reading your review and the info desk guy scared us off that plan by saying there were no amenities there close by. I told my DH that was not what I read but we ended up at DePalm Beach where they charged us $36.00 for umbrella and 2 chairs! I think there was a raquet between the beach guys and the info guys!!

When I took a pics of my feet covered in sand and the beach at my feet DH also thought I was nuts till I showed him a few on here!

We loved the first cruise so much we are going back next year!

Edited by Waiting for September

Just found this thread and wanted to thank the OP for the wonderful review.

We just started our cruising at our 25th anniversary two years ago onboard the Serenade out of San Juan. Meet some wonderful people thru cc and our roll call, talked for a whole year before that first cruise. After that first week, they convinced us to go again last November and now we have this November planned for our third time on the Serenade out of San Juan.

You have given us some new ideas to think about for the new islands we will do. Would love to do a b2b someday, but have enough trouble convincing the hubby to do one week. It's the wonderful friends we go with that gets him going.

Great photos and thanks again for the review

waterbugohio......Thanks! Glad you had a good time. You are so right about the wonderful friends that you meet on a cruise. We certainly have met some great folks and have enjoyed cruising with some of them multiple times!

waiting for september.....Thank you, also. Ohhhhhh......I am so sorry that the info guy talked you out of Eagle!! I learned a long time ago, not to let that happen. We've been burned many times! You'll just have to go back so you can see for yourself!

Happy cruising, everyone! Less than 80 days until our next one!!

waterbugohio......Thanks! Glad you had a good time. You are so right about the wonderful friends that you meet on a cruise. We certainly have met some great folks and have enjoyed cruising with some of them multiple times!

waiting for september.....Thank you' date=' also. Ohhhhhh......I am so sorry that the info guy talked you out of Eagle!! I learned a long time ago, not to let that happen. We've been burned many times! You'll just have to go back so you can see for yourself![/size']

Happy cruising, everyone! Less than 80 days until our next one!!

It won't happen next time. My research here is better than what they might say. My instincts were on full buzz and I knew we should have gone to Eagle. The other beach was nice, just cost us more bucks!!!

• 5 years later...

Just happened upon your review and was wondering if by chance you see this if you could tell me which AI resort in St. Lucia you like. We are trying to make plans for our upcoming cruise on the Adventure in February. We have tried the Rendevouz but they are booked up, and I am having trouble getting in touch with Sandals. We have done the Pitons thing before and the Spencer Ambrose tour to the beach below the Pitons, so we would like to do an AI fairly close to the pier if possible. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have!

[/Oh my goodness! I had to do a double take when I saw this pop up today!! This is really old!

Unfortunately Rendezvous and Sandals are the only ones that I know of. How are you trying to contact Sandals? I find that if you call them on the phone, it's much better.

I have tried calling the number that they show on their website 758-456-8800 and the call just doesn't go through for some reason. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. This is the Sandals La Toc location. Have you done this one?

no.....we've only been to Rendezvous. It's a shame you can't get n there.

Jane,

Been looking for your last cruise report on Serenade of the Seas in Dec. 2015, did I miss it? Really enjoy reading your reviews.

Donna

Donna..... I recently posted a thread about the issues that prevented me from making my regular reviews. Here's the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2298755

Thanks for checking in!!