taxi advice in ocho rios

familycruzr

All taxis are round trip in Jamaica. Get a taxi right at the cruise terminal. It's $10 per person round trip as long as you have at least 4 people. If you're going to climb you'll want around 2 hours, depending on how much time you spend taking pictures and whatnot.

I wrote an article a few months back on visiting Dunn's River Falls that you may want to read: http://ecotravelgems.com/caribbean/jamaica/dunns-river-falls/

All taxis are round trip in Jamaica. Get a taxi right at the cruise terminal. It's $10 per person round trip as long as you have at least 4 people. If you're going to climb you'll want around 2 hours, depending on how much time you spend taking pictures and whatnot.

I wrote an article a few months back on visiting Dunn's River Falls that you may want to read: http://ecotravelgems.com/caribbean/jamaica/dunns-river-falls/

Thanks for the link to the article. Do you really pay the full taxi fare when you arrive at DRF? What happens if the taxi driver does not return?

Yes it is cheaper to take a cab to the falls but if you are going to add other tours after the falls is might be more expensive. Email a recommended guide for tour prices.

We don't plan to add other tours and all of the tours I've found include something in addition to the falls.

Do you really pay the full taxi fare when you arrive at DRF? What happens if the taxi driver does not return?

We paid when we got in at the pier - everything was handled by an 'agent' who was assigning people to taxi

The taxi driver gave us his card and when we came out and he was not there waiting another 'agent' or maybe dispatcher is a better name, called him and he was on his way. Dispatcher said he would just put us in a different taxi if it was long but it was only a few minutes. (they have cellular in Jamacia too . . .) Everything runs thru JUTA the official taxi service.

no problem mon ... been rollin my own way in JA since 1986....

I've paid at the Falls multiple times and never had a problem with them not coming back. Just make sure it's an official JUTA taxi and you won't have a problem. Get the driver's name and taxi number just in case, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived