Brittania Restaurant on QV - Tables for 2

EssexBarnes

First time on QV this August 2010

Can anyone tell me if there are many tables for 2 in the Brittania Restaurant - if so is it like some other cruise lines we have travelled with, where these are taken within hours of brochure (and pre - brochure) opening, so there is a wait list?

Unless you are looking for romantic evenings for 2, why not book a 6 or 8 seater and get to know other people?

The only thing to look out for is to let them know in advance if you are not dining so they don't wait for you.

First time on QV this August 2010

Can anyone tell me if there are many tables for 2 in the Brittania Restaurant - if so is it like some other cruise lines we have travelled with, where these are taken within hours of brochure (and pre - brochure) opening, so there is a wait list?

If the ship is full and you have booked only within a few weeks of your cruise, there is little chance of getting one (happened to a lot of us last week on the QV). They are given in order of when people booked their cruise.

If they are all taken, the Maitre d' will put you on a waitlist on embarkation day

If the ship is full and you have booked only within a few weeks of your cruise, there is little chance of getting one (happened to a lot of us last week on the QV). They are given in order of when people booked their cruise.

If they are all taken, the Maitre d' will put you on a waitlist on embarkation day

Then again, in May, when we only booked at the end of March, we got the table for two we requested (second sitting Britannia). we were very surprised as we too we under the impression it was booking order (I need a shrugging smilie :) )

There did seem to be quite a few tables for two on the lower level of the restaurant - but I was always enjoying myself too much by that time of day do any % breakdown:D. I do have to say that most of them are very close to each other.

One can always secure a table of choice on a Cunarder. It depends on how much one is prepared to tip.

Or in some cases how much one is well in with the MD.

Sad l know, but absolutely true.

Judy

Archived